MSN experts ?

Messa

Inactive User
Reaction score
Just installed MSN again recently after ditching it years ago, I can't seem to find any way to minimise it to my system icons rather than my taskbar.

It gets on my tits at the bottom all the time, is there a way to get it to minimise to the system tray ?

Ta.

:licka:

Been a while since i've used this but pretty sure its in the options. You may need to login to it to get the options but it use to be just a tick in the box

Been about a year since I last bothered, but if you press the red x to close, it minimizes to taskbar I think.

Sorry Messa, i can't work out how to do it either, it just minimises to taskbar for me.

if you on win 7 it stays down the bottom I think even if you dont have it pinned to taskbar

As adam says, in windows 7 it stays in the task bar even when you click on the X

Ah ok folks thanks, I forgot to mention I am on Win7 but you are right.

I am only using it while SB is down (come on Mickie !) as I need my gossip fix.

:)

this got on my tits aswell with windows 7 but i have found a fix...

right click the messenger logo > properties and then go to the compatability tab click the compatability mode check box and choose windows vista sp2 click ok and run the program

Hope this helps

Ste

this got on my tits aswell with windows 7 but i have found a fix...

right click the messenger logo > properties and then go to the compatability tab click the compatability mode check box and choose windows vista sp2 click ok and run the program

Hope this helps

Ste
Good thinking batman, it works :)

Oh bugger, doesn't work for me.

I am on Win 7 64 bit I wonder if that matters.

Thanks anyway.

EDIT: Forget that, if I click 'close' rather than 'minimise' it erm minimises to tray.

Nice work Sherlock !

Back