MS Outlook

fitzybhoy

Inactive User
Reaction score
I use Outlook 2003 as my email client, but when I send my mate links in emails, he says they don't show up as links, just text and he has to copy and paste them into his browser.

Anyone know how to fix this?

TIA

Why use that bloatware?

If you really must use Outlook, then use Express.

Outlook express is dreadful.... definately stick with outlook i'm yet to find something that's better.

You do know outlook isn't just an email program yeah.

As for your problem, if you type in an address and then press enter straight after does it change into a link? Also is there no hyperlink button. Sorry i don't have it loaded atm and don't wanna open it.

Last edited:
Outlook express is dreadful.... definately stick with outlook i'm yet to find something that's better.

You do know outlook isn't just an email program yeah.

Exactly, it's bloated pissware, all he wants is a simple mailer.

And i didn't say OE was good either, it's chronic, but it'll suit his needs better than the other one.

Just out of interest, what is your mate using to read his email? If the links are just text on his side, it could be down to the client he is using.

Exactly, it's bloated pissware, all he wants is a simple mailer.

He never even mentioned that he only uses it for email. Just come in here to spout opinions and not offer help.

Sorry the thread has kind of got hijacked, but attitude when it isn't required hacks me off.

My guess the problem lies in the client at the other end.

Also are you sending as plain text, HTML or rich text. I generally find HTML to be reliable.

Back