mp3 tracks dont play in order

johnny bravo

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
hi guys - ive got some mp3 tracks in ie like 01-tracktitle.mp3, 02-tracktitle.mp3, 03-tracktitle.mp3 etc.....abou 60 of them...anyway i have the latest itunes, ive put them in a playlist on the latest itunes version...they are in order there, but when i copy them all over to a folder called "music" on my micro sd card...and put the microsd card in the car mp3 player, ie its a chinese audio/sat system Wince player ....the track orders are all over the place..how do i get them into track order that i want?...ta

Have you tried removing any ID3 tags? they may have different track info on them.

You could run all the tracks through this little program to remove any info.

Attachments

• ID3Remover 1.2.rar
    108.1 KB · Views: 5
ok ill give it a try...so will the above remove name of track ..etc ?, ie will it just show up as track 1 , track 2 etc on car player ?
ta

Not as you see it in an explorer window, only in the ID3 info read by media players.

This is with johns program firstly drop all the mp3's into the right hand window, then click on each track it's id3 info will show on the left, then you can change the track no. if the id3 track no. is different to the track itself.

eg. the track is 01 Metallica ride the lightning but the id3 on the left has it as track 5 Metallica ride the lightning, change to track 1.

Last edited:
@sneaker..i tried what you posted...removed track id, put back onto microsd card..but still tracks all over the place..gonne try johns program..

ok all working now..used Johns post...had to rename each track , ie track 1, 2, 3, etc...saved the mp3 files to microsd card and they play in order iwanted in car mp3 player...all good...thanks guys for help..

Back