iPhone Move to samsung Y/N?

chris02

Reaction score
Subjective I know but thinking of jumping ship. Fed up with safari and not being able to select firefox by default. Also frustrated that not all links actually open in the relevant app.

Thoughts for and against please

ive had samsung for years since leaving Iphones, your not as restricted as you are with apple devices and can find paid games easily on the net also you can load pictures, films and music onto a memory card so you dont eat away at the internal memory.
i would never go back to apple.
my only bit of advice would be to stay away from the "EDGE" models.
i had the galaxy S6 and it drove me insane.

I moved away from iPhone as I hated iTunes you are restricted to what you can do with Samsung its drop and drag, you can use zedge without any problems so much easier in my opinion.

cant sy anything about EDGE models never had one

@Kryton what drove you mad about edge ?
I had the s5 and now got s8+ that has edge and I'm wondering whats wrong with edge as I can't think of anything:)

Sent using Tapatalk

Always been an Apple Fanboy. Even typing on Mac now. Switched to Sammy phone last year and will never have an Apple phone again. Still love my Mac mind.

@Kryton what drove you mad about edge ?
I had the s5 and now got s8+ that has edge and I'm wondering whats wrong with edge as I can't think of anything:)

Sent using Tapatalk

Nothing wrong with the phone m8 just the annoying every day life things like my daughter watches cartoons on it while she eats tea...getting the bloody thing to stand on its side without slipping down is a challenge on its own...but when it slips down and then the video has gone off because you touch the sides when you pick it back up really annoys me lol.

i know you can turn the edges off but then that defeats the object, also when listening to music and the track changes because the only way you can pick it up is by ths edge....grrrrr lol.

Reactions: Rat
HUAWEI, sammy copies but great phones and price is much cheaper. I even dropped mines in water for ages. not a thing wrong with it apart from wiping my sd card. I had the p9 lite but lost it in Ibiza so now got the p8 lite 2017 model and its better spec'd and great wee phone for the money. I use it for networking tools and never fails me.

Top phone HibbyDave, its my 1st sammy since 2001 pre android. I cannot fault this phone in any way. Its fast, responsive. amazing screen. regular updates to make ot better than it was at launch.
Im having a problem with Facebook group notifications at the moment which is doing ma head in but Im sure thats facebook and not the phone. Getting sound notification for friends posts and replies to my posts, but only silent notifications for group posts from administrators?

Switched from iPhone 6 to a OnePlus 5 when it came out. Was using a OnePlus 1 as a second phone for a few month to get used to Android.
Not missing using an Apple phone. Like Cressi, still using my Mac.

I use an Android (S6) phone after Apple ruined my iP4 with the last update, will never go back to iPhone. But I still use iPad from time to time, nice GUI to be fair but as OP says you are very restricted.
Never had a Mac, don't see the point.

Switched from iPhone 6 to a OnePlus 5 when it came out. Was using a OnePlus 1 as a second phone for a few month to get used to Android.
Not missing using an Apple phone. Like Cressi, still using my Mac.

Looks really good value did you import it and did you also consider others in the same price band?

I use an Android (S6) phone after Apple ruined my iP4 with the last update, will never go back to iPhone. But I still use iPad from time to time, nice GUI to be fair but as OP says you are very restricted.
Never had a Mac, don't see the point.

Agree I have never understood would you would want to spend so much on a mac. My main PC is windows and works incredibly well for a 5 year old, regular hardware updates have helped mind.

Never liked Apple or their restricted devices, not even the company really, their idea of taking other peoples work/inventions and passing it off as their own etc.. Selling brand new phones with technology other manufactures have already surpassed and for a very high premium.

I know a few peeps with iphones and can't quite see the value. I've had quite a few phones since the old Nokia 3110 days but for the past few years I've had Samsung, up to a week ago I had the Samsung S6 and have now got the S8+

I can't fault Samsung at all. I got the LED case for it so I don't touch the edge when picking it up. It charges wirelessly with the case on as well (unlike my S6). I got a cheap fast wireless charge stand from amazon.

There's 1000's of APK's on the newsgroups so games, apps & gps etc. isnt a problem. I use dropbox to install them. Just download them on my PC and put them in dropbox, then open dropbox on the phone and install the APK.

Looks really good value did you import it and did you also consider others in the same price band?
Ordered the phone (128GB Midnight Black) online and paid for express delivery(£7.99). Was delivered in 24hrs by DHL. All up price was £506.99.

Not a fan of iphone either. Got an LG G4 and what this phone can do for half he price of the iphone is amazing. Had a ipod touch once and after I saw how many limitations it has I said never again. Why pay so much money for a phone that doesn`t let you change the font.

Back