Mouse not working

Dutcho

VIP POOF
VIP Member
Reaction score
Ok I'm stumped, got the neighbours pc here as the pc isnt seeing it.

What I've tried

Re installing mouse
trying a different mouse
Upgrading windows to a newer version
swore at it
re installed software

but still no mouse

in device manager it says mouse-hid and a ! next to it yet I cant find a driver to reinstall to sort it.

HELP

Ok I'm stumped, got the neighbours pc here as the pc isnt seeing it.

What I've tried

Re installing mouse
trying a different mouse
Upgrading windows to a newer version
swore at it
re installed software

but still no mouse

in device manager it says mouse-hid and a ! next to it yet I cant find a driver to reinstall to sort it.

HELP

try using a PS2 mouse if you are on USB, and vice-versa.

I have had PS2 ports fail more than once.

Also, using device manager uninstall the mouse completely and reboot

let us know

:)

Not tried a ps2 mouse but have tried other usb mice, tried uninstalling and re booting.

I would loath to have to format this thing. I'll dig a ps2 mouse out but even if this works it doesnt resolve the usb issue.

I'm going on another road trip soon (Admin be ware) so need to get it sorted before I go.

Try uninstalling it from device manager and seeing if Windows can find generic drivers on the reinstall.

Out of interest; is this PS2, USB or USB via a PS2 adapter?

If USB try a different USB port (if there is one available). I know someone in work who's USB ports died one by one.

Try uninstalling it from device manager and seeing if Windows can find generic drivers on the reinstall.

Out of interest; is this PS2, USB or USB via a PS2 adapter?

If USB try a different USB port (if there is one available). I know someone in work who's USB ports died one by one.

It's usb and yes i've tried un installing it, also tried different ports

Ok I've pulled the drive and am scanning it on my machine, however I need to remove his permissions for me to back data up before I format.

Ideas ?

Humm trying this.............

To resolve this issue, you must turn off Simple File Sharing, and then take ownership of the folder:
Turn off Simple File Sharing:
Click Start, and then click My Computer.
On the Tools menu, click Folder Options, and then click the View tab.
Under Advanced Settings, click to clear the Use simple file sharing (Recommended) check box, and then click OK.
Right-click the folder that you want to take ownership of, and then click Properties.
Click the Security tab, and then click OK on the Security message, if one appears.
Click Advanced, and then click the Owner tab.
In the Name list, click your user name, Administrator if you are logged in as Administrator, or click the Administrators group.

If you want to take ownership of the contents of that folder, click to select the Replace owner on subcontainers and objects check box.
Click OK.

You may receive the following error message, where Folder is the name of the folder that you want to take ownership of:

You do not have permission to read the contents of directory Folder. Do you want to replace the directory permissions with permissions granting you Full Control? All permissions will be replaced if you press Yes.
Click Yes.
Click OK, and then reapply the permissions and security settings that you want for the folder and the folder contents.

Last edited:
Back