Mounting Mp3 Folders

bodser

Inactive User
Reaction score
Hi all,

I've got a mount setup to play my folder of various MP3's.
However, when I go to audioplayer it just lists all the songs in one massive list.

Is there any way I can set it so that it lists the folders instead?

IE
I have a setup like the following...

G:\Storage
G:\Storage\MP3s
G:\Storage\MP3s\Guns n Roses
G:\Storage\MP3s\Skid Row
etc etc

I just want to be able to choose the folder of the artist and list the songs in that folder only.
Not every single track in my MP3s folder all together

Hope I've explained this ok !!!

1st person with the answer gets an apple

You would prob have to mount them seperate i think, i dont think you can split them up by mounting them all as one file i think

Just tried this on my Dons image and it lists every track in the shared folder. I think what you're wanting can be done but it has to be altered when the image is compiled. All images are different so maybe try a few more. Maybe try a sportster image.

I also think that the shared folder needs to be on the root of your C:\ so sharing individual folders within a folder won't work. If you moved all your albums to the C:\ then you could shared them and have individual mounts going to each one.

But you would have to create more folders within /mnt and use a separate one for each mount, i.e. /mnt/folder1, /mnt/folder2, /mnt/folder3, etc.

Last edited:
Bugger ! :)

I'm not going to mount each folder, maybe someone will try this in later images.
I'm using the latest Sportser and I cant do it in that from what I've tried.

well I have a similar set up, I share my music folder and within that folder I have folders with the group, and within that with the album.
I mount the music folder but when i go audio player add I only add the folder that I want to listen to not the entire mount, that way I only listen to one album or one artist's songs... and it is not on my C drive, the folder is on my E drive.
I am using commando 6.

well I have a similar set up, I share my music folder and within that folder I have folders with the group, and within that with the album.
I mount the music folder but when i go audio player add I only add the folder that I want to listen to not the entire mount, that way I only listen to one album or one artist's songs... and it is not on my C drive, the folder is on my E drive.
I am using commando 6.

Exactly the same here - I'm using the DigitalWorldz Pro image - Works great!

You need to set the Audioplayer default or start folder to your mounted main music folder, then it works as stated above. Been like this with every image I've used from Cryo's sportster 1.7 through all my images to beta4.5.

Back