Mountain bike

silverdale

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
Whats s decent but light in weight mtb ?, I need to get fit after illness. Most I've looked at weigh a bloody tonne

I think the lighter they get the dearer they get.

You might be better looking for a second hand one if you want it really lightweight.

Carrera bike or ok for your price range and are quite lite

Plus you can goto the store and check them out

Check out Hallfords

Arrgh, Halfords...

Draca and myself were in there one day (I was getting a petrol can to wash my chain in) and they had a £3000 bike on a platform. LX throughout, I kid you not. Maybe they have changed, I don't know, but after seeing that...

I also had a bad experience with Evans. My freehub seized after 150mi, dangerously, they couldn't get it out of the wheel and tried to offer me a silver hub (for a totally grey bike). Took them weeks, and me threatening them, to get it back to me.

I'd probably go to a smaller shop, where the owner is behind the counter and actually wants customers. Then again, I'd build my own from scratch so I didn't have to deal with people ;).

Last edited:
I'm more bothered about the weight and quality so I'm not too bothered if its second hand. I did have a Cube Acid some years ago and it fitted well
I also had a Diamondback, that was like shermam tank weight wise so I sold it.

Back