Mountain Bike

Fabz

Inactive User
Reaction score
Anyone know where I can get a good mountain bike for a decent price?

It will be an all-round bike, some on road some off road, so i want smething with lockable full suspension.

Last edited:
What are you willing to spend? For a decent Full Suss with lockout you are going to have to have at least 750 quid ready

Saracen Ariel 2 Bike (2007)

Where other companies start their High-Quality Full Suspension Bikes at £1000, this is the Upgraded Ariel 2 Model. The Excellent 4-Bar Linkage XC-Extreme Frame is treated with a Manitou Radium RL Air Sprung Rear Shock (with Rebound Adjustment) and Manitou Relic Elite 130mm Travel Forks (with FFD-R Oil Damping, a Coil Spring and Full Travel Adjustment). The TruVativ 5D Cranks are Perfect and feed the power through the Shimano Deore/LX Gearing to the Formula Alloy Hubs with Sun SOS Trail Rims. You get the New Avid Juicy 3 Hydraulic Disc Brakes with 180mm Rotors for Maximum Control and Stopping Power at All Times. This Bike is finished off with an Aluminium Riser Bar, FSA GAP Stem and the SDG I-Beam Bel Air ST Seat/Seatpost Combo.

Frame: New 4-Bar Linkage XC-Extreme R.C.E. Butted and Profiled Tubing w/Full Complement of Sealed Pivot Bearings
Rear Shock: Manitou Radium RL Air Spring w/Rebound Adjustment (4 - 5.5" Travel)
Fork: Manitou Relic Elite, 130mm Travel, FFD-R Oil Damping, Coil Spring & Fully Adjustable
Cranks: TruVativ 5D 3.1, 44/32/22T
Bottom Bracket: Sealed Cartridge
Pedals: Aluminium Flat Platform
Front Derailleur: Shimano Deore
Rear Derailleur: Shimano LX, 9-Speed
Shifters: Shimano Deore, 9-Speed Shift Pods
Cassette: Shimano Cassette 11-32T, 9-Speed
Chain: Shimano HG73, 9-Speed
Front Hub: Formula Alloy Disc w/Quick-Release
Rear Hub: Formula Alloy Cassette Disc w/Quick-Release
Rims: New SUN S.O.S. Trail Bike Rims
Tyres: Maxxis High Roller, 2.35”
Brakes: Avid Juicy 3 Hydraulic Disc Brakes (180mm Rotors)
Brake Levers: Avid Juicy 3 Hydraulic
Handlebar: Aluminium Riser, Black
Headset: Aheadset w/Seals
Stem: FSA GAP FR-230, Forged
Grips: Diamond Knurl Lock-On
Saddle: SDG I-Beam Bel Air ST
Seat Post: SDG I-Beam
Sizes: 16", 18" or 20"
Colour: Matt Bronze

£649.99 ( was £999)

http://www.winstanleysbikes.co.uk/product/10643/Saracen_Ariel_2_Bike_2007

Seriously how much are you wanting to spend?

If your price range is about £1k then look no further than a Rocky mountain. You can get a top quality '06 maybe even an '07 bike for that sort of money. Most of the time the only change over the years is the colour scheme.

I would prefer a refurb Rocky Mountain over any other cycle in the £1k range if you can get hold of one. Forget any other built up bullshit from Mickey Mouse companies offering you blah blah balh that will last you all of 1 year if at it's best.

Lets just say, Giant, Marin, Muddy Fox, Diamond Back, etc do not have a patch on these bikes. Marin and Muddy Fox are good, probably the best in the <£1k price range and that is going brand new. But are not in the league of a Rocky Mountain.

I am not into bikes myself, in fact I know quite little, I just learn from a mate of mine who is massively into them. He has a Rocky Mountain which is a downhill bike, so it is very very heavy, cost him a few £k but it really is the dogs fecking bollocks, and I know most of the time the only changes over the years are the paint jobs and team colours, hence the prices drop from year to year so I imagine if you shop about you could get a decent one for less than a £k.

But Rocky mountain do other bikes at other prices, well worth looking into if your seriously into your bikes mate. As I say, a refurb (or second hand with warranty) Rocky Mountain will kill almost any other bike on the market within the price range. Choose a second hand RM (with warrant of course) over any brand new BS bike from Marin or Muddy Fox etc.

Last edited:
Back