mount problem

pritesh

Inactive User
Reaction score
Hi finally bought a nas so i can do some recording. I have set up a user account and created a folder for the recordings.

I saved devilfish guide on setting up a mount from the cable section but just have one small problem. In the guide it says to use "SMBFS" as the filetype. Im using neutrino and the only options for file type that are available are NFS, CIFS and FTPFS.

Is FTPFS the same as SMBFS? the drive i have bought supports both ftp and samba.

please dont say i have to change the image, lol everyone is just getting used to it.

Thanks

Is FTPFS the same as SMBFS?
No, they're completely different. The chances are your drive will support SMBFS and CIFS (which are basically the same thing), and maybe (if it's a good quality linux based NAS) NFS.

Try mounting with CIFS first. It's interchangable with SMBFS, so you should be able to follow the guide ok.

Hi i tried cifs but got a message like "the recording folder is write protected" or something to that effect. would it matter that the hard drive is formatted as ext3?

Hello mate check the file your recording to on your nas has the "rw" read write option checked and not just read only "RO".

Back