Mount NAS drive on Pli?

c64k

Inactive User
Reaction score
Hey all!

Got myself a NAS drive last week and have been trying to get it mounted on DM500s for recording etc. Been through every post and help guide I can find, but I just can't get it to mount. I've read that this is slightly different for Pli images, but haven't been able to find out why. Here's a list of what settings etc. Any ideas would be muchly appreciated.

Pli Jade3 Maxvar, Dreambox IP - 192.168.0.8

Mount settings:
File system - 2 (SMBFS)
Client directory - /media/hdd
Server directory - dream
IP Address - 192.168.0.2
User name - login for nas drive
password - login for nas drive

These settings are checked - rw, nolock, intr, soft, linux ext.

The folder 'dream' is at the root of the NAS drive and is shared. I can connect to it and transfer files from my laptop. I can even get idreamx (I'm using a mac) to record to it over the network.

I know that you can't mount SMB using the remote, but it doesn't work using the web interface either. I have also read that the /media/hdd directory is intended for internal HDDs (obviously the 500s doesnt have an internal HDD) and that can cause problems. Can I use a different mount point for it? I've tried making a new directory called movies in '/media' (via FTP and telnet) but can't, I get the message 'read only file system'. It won't allow me to change the permissions of the directory using chmod commands either.

I'm fast running out of ideas, and hair at this rate! If anyone has any suggestions, that's be grand!

hi c64k

I have use the DM600pvr and a sygnology NAS box, the mount and recording work fine with it.

But the best playback i got from the dm600 via the nas box (other than the recorded media) was to convert avi/mpg etc into TS and its a bit of a pain.

warlord

I will check the settings for you when i get home from work.

Thanks mate. Managed to get it sorted thankfully.

Turns out you need to use CIFS for Pli images, not SMBFS as you would for just about every other image out there. Recording and playback are now working great. :)

You're right, it is a pain converting everything to .ts, but I'm willing to deal with it for a few months till the rumoured new (and cheap) apple tv comes out. At which point that'll get jailbroken and used for avi etc.

Back