Motorized options now that CS HD channels are beginning to disappear?

all the same stuff at
19.2 east

english audio

loads on 0.8 west

30 west

23.5 east

its all the same crap

Daft question but can my dish I've got up pick these sats up if I aligned or do I need a motorised one? Also what subs needed or will the sky uk one I've currently got be ok?

Cheers

Those of you thinking of switching to IPTV and have enjoyed HD channels do not fall into the marketing blurb on these websites where it states the channel is in HD it is not all the channels are SD quality even the re-broadcast HD ones as the bandwidth required for HD would be immense and so would the price of the equipment.

I would test one out before you buy as some may not like the Lag factor

ive seen a few on the iptv on my dreambox. it was bein sports, the picture size came up on info bar, 720p. so its possible.

if its sd its piccy size is smaller, so its not displaying a standard 720p for all the feeds.

You can certainly get HD IPTV streams from Official Receivers such as Viasat, Bein Sports etc... but all those so called Pay Server ones are SD i can assure you that, Think of it from the pirates point of view why waste bandwidth on 1 HD channel when in the same bandwidth they can transmit around 5 SD ones common sense and the lure of Money prevails and that is why you wont find a HD stream.

Even Official BT Vision will only allow there Fibre Customers to have the HD channels streamed from the Youview receiver as they know what sort of Bandwidth hungry these channels are.

You can certainly get HD IPTV streams from Official Receivers such as Viasat, Bein Sports etc... but all those so called Pay Server ones are SD i can assure you that, Think of it from the pirates point of view why waste bandwidth on 1 HD channel when in the same bandwidth they can transmit around 5 SD ones common sense and the lure of Money prevails and that is why you wont find a HD stream.

Even Official BT Vision will only allow there Fibre Customers to have the HD channels streamed from the Youview receiver as they know what sort of Bandwidth hungry these channels are.

i know and understand, im just saying they are there. dunno how tho. ive seen them a few times on the iptv thats on the latest dm800se image. mostly sd on it.

I am shocked that people are jumping straight to IPTV where do you think they are getting there content from.

I am shocked that people are jumping straight to IPTV where do you think they are getting there content from.

I'm not, people want their TV fix without having to put too much thought into it

Sent from my N003 using Tapatalk

it is a great wee box

i have one, barely use it to be fair but fantastic

i have the full sub from them

to be honest i dont see why everyone is rushing around like mad to find a new way of watching pish and repeats in HD when SD still has plenty life in it yet

things have been made easy with the likes of skyboxes/openboxes etc and just because HD has started to disappear you still can watch it in a slightly degraded picture

motorised dish picking up various sats
cable CS
IPTV

3 options and only 1 will give you sky sports etc in HD when it has disappeared completely

luckily i have access to all 3, for test purposes only, and can say sky channels will not be missed on satellite!

Plentyyyyyyyyyy out there!

it is a great wee box

i have one, barely use it to be fair but fantastic

i have the full sub from them

to be honest i dont see why everyone is rushing around like mad to find a new way of watching pish and repeats in HD when SD still has plenty life in it yet

things have been made easy with the likes of skyboxes/openboxes etc and just because HD has started to disappear you still can watch it in a slightly degraded picture

motorised dish picking up various sats
cable CS
IPTV

3 options and only 1 will give you sky sports etc in HD when it has disappeared completely

luckily i have access to all 3, for test purposes only, and can say sky channels will not be missed on satellite!

Plentyyyyyyyyyy out there!

out of interest gav, whats the max250 box like? whats the actual content like? and could u pm me how much the sub is on the iptv.

its early doors yet I think people a jumping to conclusions

its early doors yet I think people a jumping to conclusions

what conlcusions? HD is gonna go, sooner than later. we have actually lost some. its been documented HD would go black, SD is gonna be here for a wee bit longer.

Last edited:
well mate off the top of ur head how long do u give it ithink it will go some time this month at a gess

to be quite honest,personally i couldn't give a rats ass how long the HD channels last.
95% of my TV is on freeview anyway, all I watch is sports and like digi said there's tons of other channels on different satellites to view these.
The only thing I'd struggle to watch is Rugby League as not many channels cover it.
I knew the long term risks getting a motorized dish, but it was a great investment and will give many more years of enjoyment.
If I had to choose now, I'd probably still get a dish fitted, but the choice is yours

With a zone 2 Sly dish would it be worth getting a motor for it? Or would I be totally restricted to certain sats with it being a small(ish) dish. Currently I got about s/n 80 % and quality 98 % if that's any help? Thanks again

6 pages in and the ops question wasnt answered. I was on here going to ask the same question, then spotted this thread so I thought I would have a look. waste of 30 mins.

any chance we could get back to the days of when this type of question would have been answered with a price list of the best parts at the cheapest prices.

6 pages in and the ops question wasnt answered. I was on here going to ask the same question, then spotted this thread so I thought I would have a look. waste of 30 mins.

any chance we could get back to the days of when this type of question would have been answered with a price list of the best parts at the cheapest prices.

Im not really interested in large dishes and motors...... but I have read the OP's answer in many other threads on this forum.
Could that by why no straight answer??
Same questions over and over again....
Just my 2p..... ☺

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

With a zone 2 Sly dish would it be worth getting a motor for it? Or would I be totally restricted to certain sats with it being a small(ish) dish. Currently I got about s/n 80 % and quality 98 % if that's any help? Thanks again

dsci00042gy.jpg

I had this up a few years back, worked a treat on the major sats such as Hotbird, Astra 1, Hispasat etc

I've got one of the new horizons motors so looking forward to adding it. I heard they are quite quiet and robust.

View attachment 82180

I had this up a few years back, worked a treat on the major sats such as Hotbird, Astra 1, Hispasat etc

I saw one of those orbital platinum dishes which looked similar to a sky zone 2, have you had any experience or feedback from people about them? They seem to be decent..

Back