motorized help needed to add 2nd box

parm21

Inactive User
Reaction score
helllo people

I have 1m motor dish with receiver in my bedroom, I want to add another box downstairs,
Do i just need a twn lnb? will any twin lnb from maplin?

many thanks

You can use a twin lnb, but remember only 1 box will control the motor so you can only watch channels from the same satellite, as chosen by the main box.

i'm considering this

what if the main box is switched off, can the secondry box move the dish?

so u need a motorized dish per reciever unless you have a stationary dish?

Cheers
MFCGAVMFC

You can use a twin lnb, but remember only 1 box will control the motor so you can only watch channels from the same satellite, as chosen by the main box.

How will i select which is main box.

Maybe i should just run extra cable from dreambox to other tv maybe easier would magic eye work with that.

With the twin lnb idea the main box would attach to the motor first and then be looped to the lnb - the second box would be connected direct to the second output from the twin lnb and therefore have no control over the motor!!

Im sure in theory there would be a way with switches to connect up to allow both boxes control of the motor - in practice though its impractical as you wouldnt want both boxes fighting for satellite position in which case its just as easy to have a twin lnb and then just move this dish on the main reciever before viewing on the second!!!

i just have one box in living room and just watch tv in bedroom over network with dreamstreamer has two second delay but thats fine works great even when sitting in garden can stream to laptop perfectly

:Doc:
i just have one box in living room and just watch tv in bedroom over network with dreamstreamer has two second delay but thats fine works great even when sitting in garden can stream to laptop perfectly
Hi Parm

You can connect the two recievers together by connecting a cable into the IF out of the main receiver and the lnb in of the new receiver. You will only be able to use one reciever at a time, but you would be able to control the dish from each reciever. I hope this helps

i use a twin LNB, the receiver in the living room controls what satellite the dish points at, then in the bedroom i just change satellites to suit.

Global make something called a Smart Priority switch (part number Global SP1) this connects to your motor/dish and to 2 receivers, but one receiver has to be in standby before turning the other one on, but would give both receivers control of the dish. ive only installed 2 of these, and i dont think theyre very good as if you leave one box on, the 2nd box wont take control meaning you have to go back downstairs and turn the other one off

Back