Motoring 'cheaper than in 1988'

As all politicians know it is not the facts that matter, but perception. This is why uninformed people perpetuate/create the financial downturn by swallowing ink on paper, and keeping money in their pockets whilst complaining about the price of bread.

I could believe this. There is a real infatuation with the big bad government screwing the driver fuelled (forgive the pun) by silly rags stoking the fire. It's boring.

We live in one of the most free and prosperous countries in the world, and have more opportunites and a greater standard of living than ever before. It seems the more people have the more they bitch though.

As all politicians know it is not the facts that matter, but perception. This is why uninformed people perpetuate/create the financial downturn by swallowing ink on paper, and keeping money in their pockets whilst complaining about the price of bread.

I could believe this. There is a real infatuation with the big bad government screwing the driver fuelled (forgive the pun) by silly rags stoking the fire. It's boring.

We live in one of the most free and prosperous countries in the world, and have more opportunites and a greater standard of living than ever before. It seems the more people have the more they bitch though.

Thank you for that mozr. It makes a change from the usual "open mouth before engaging brain" outpourings. :Clap:

the only reason they come with a generous warranty and free insurance is basically their not selling as many cars as they should, my mate works for vauxhall and he said thats why they do it.

To try and keep the punters parting with their money

hi mozr, i was dicussing the impending recession and general financial situation today and whilst i was about 9/12yo during the last recession and therefore recall nothing of it, the person i was talking to had been there and explained that ppl today were just used to everything being affordable and a good standard of living. all makes sense to me, and i hope that explains why i am curious to know how old you are

Because you want to get to know me sex wise?

Only joking. I'm thirty (going on 74).

I was also quite young during the last recession, I remember people having no money, complaining the government took too much from them in tax, not being able to buy what the wanted and it being the reason I couldnt have a Megadrive for my birthday. But that was my interpretation of it.

What do we have today? Pretty much the same thing it would appear, however I own a Megadrive now.

Back