Motorbike Protest - 25/9 - M25 Other way round ...

i wish i could be there but after being knocked of 3 years ago , i'm afraid i can never ride a bike again (as much as i would love to) but chuck up a petition and i will bang my nane down:proud:

good luck and ride safe all:Clap:

Sorry to hear that brettina :(

Can you sit on a bike ? I am sure you could pillion up with someone on a big comfy bike ?

The feck you talking about ? Any rep i'v given you is deserved. And im pritty sure i'v no been abusive?

<snip>

Jaffa : Most of the time when i leave bad rep it is because the post is useless, wrong or shows the users attature for what it is. You post of borderline insulting - The Rep system is there to be used in my eyes when such posts dont even warrent a reply - Like yours.

Off topic but how do you justify bad rep for this post ?
https://www.digitalworldz.co.uk/index.php?threads/231991/#post1723861

I can understand the others as they were emotive issues and you don't have the intelligence to give a valid arguement.

Your a vindictive troll and from midnight tonight you will the first member to be on my ignore list so bad rep away and be as abusive as much as you like because I won't see it.

Last edited by a moderator:
I am going to ask for all the bickering posts and off topic posts to be removed.... this thread was no about "We pay so you should" or "why not" or "I have a chip on my shoulder!" CHRIST ! LOL

It was to show people an event that they can attend if they so wish :) if you have no interest on the subject/does not affect you then there is no need to post really ! If you want to come then your welcome to ....

Bottom line is, people pay what they pay now for parking because they did nothing about it for all this time.... we are doing something about it !

I am going to ask for all the bickering posts and off topic posts to be removed.... this thread was no about "We pay so you should" or "why not" or "I have a chip on my shoulder!" CHRIST ! LOL

It was to show people an event that they can attend if they so wish :) if you have no interest on the subject/does not affect you then there is no need to post really ! If you want to come then your welcome to ....

Bottom line is, people pay what they pay now for parking because they did nothing about it for all this time.... we are doing something about it !

I don't think too many will be removed, you can't seriously post about an event and only get responses you like. I never knew about the parking charges until it was 1st posted on this forum, I have stated that I think it will fail and that it should be fair for all but at the same time, you have also shown me the things that are wrong with bike parking...surely that is getting the message out is it not, even if it hasn't changed my mind, you will see from other posts that people have also said the parking in the photo you posted was like a car hitting them.

It's a thread in general chat, so I guess people will chat generally about it.

Sorry to spam your thread mate - I wont say anything futher to ellie or jaffa in this thread.

Where on the bike do you attached the sticker showing you've paid? With a car it's in the car so no-one can take it off but on a bike?

Where on the bike do you attached the sticker showing you've paid? With a car it's in the car so no-one can take it off but on a bike?

You dont mate, its not a pay and display.. its a pay by phone system that they link to your reg number, so when they check the bay they take the reg no's down and cross match them...

This is open to error as well, its happened that the operator taking the details has imputed a reg number wrongly ... which resulted in a ticket being issued !

The ticket was squashed but after a fight :(

I don't like the sound of that.

What a shitty system.

if this event happens from that day on i will block every motorbike i see from then till the day i stop driving from getting passed me ,if i am sitting in traffic i normally let all the 2 wheel lunatics get passed me but from that date on i will parked staggered to stop them and wil;l start posting and getting the message to all to do the same.
how dare you think you can stop normal people going about their daily business get to where they are going too!!!! if you have a problem take it up with the people giving you the problem not innocent motorists or you might get a back bite response you do not like

if this event happens from that day on i will block every motorbike i see from then till the day i stop driving from getting passed me ,if i am sitting in traffic i normally let all the 2 wheel lunatics get passed me but from that date on i will parked staggered to stop them and wil;l start posting and getting the message to all to do the same.
how dare you think you can stop normal people going about their daily business get to where they are going too!!!! if you have a problem take it up with the people giving you the problem not innocent motorists or you might get a back bite response you do not like

I can assure you this event will go ahead. Just like THE LAST ONE DID... did you notice that one ? I doubt it very much

do some research first before you make threats pal !!!! We DARE because the people we have the problem with DO NOT LISTEN !!

In any case, we are used to coming across people such as yourself... doing just what you state you will do, its simple... we go around you anyway another way... ! ride off laughing while your still stuck there...

An the one day you try it, when,... yes when its a police bike, I will congratulate you on your points .... lane disciple is an essential part of driving... straddling a lane is considered dangerous driving. :) have fun

So what you are saying is that you did not or your forebears did not have the balls to fight for your rights, so you will oppsoe all those who will?
Not very decent is it.

You know when the rally is, each Wednesday in the morning and the afternoon, surely you have the wits to find another route before you get there?

AND why do you take a car into London?
There are alternative methods, are you not concerned about your fellow citizens?

We are fighting for our rights and yours, does that make you unhappy?
blocking motorbikes also blocks push bikes. Not that I am bothered, it is obvious you are.
Maybe driving a vehicle is not something you should do, too emotional, likely to kill someone.
Take a break, relax, it is NOT that important!

So what you are saying is that you did not or your forebears did not have the balls to fight for your rights, so you will oppsoe all those who will?
Not very decent is it.

You know when the rally is, each Wednesday in the morning and the afternoon, surely you have the wits to find another route before you get there?

AND why do you take a car into London?
There are alternative methods, are you not concerned about your fellow citizens?

We are fighting for our rights and yours, does that make you unhappy?
blocking motorbikes also blocks push bikes. Not that I am bothered, it is obvious you are.
Maybe driving a vehicle is not something you should do, too emotional, likely to kill someone.
Take a break, relax, it is NOT that important!

javabike...nice name in response to this thread, just a coincidence is it that this of all threads is your 1st post. welcome to the forums anyway.

I dont agree with cantona blocking bikers, I always pull over to let them by and make it as easy for them as possible.

But you see bikers have a lot of perks, jumping queues, weaving and free parking almost everywhere except a few places like westminster. They should count themselves lucky they have so many perks but they choose to disrupt traffic...If it doesn't disrupt traffic then what exactly is the protest for....no one will give a damn if its just a load of bikers riding about and not causing any hassle....or am I wrong.

Doesnt really effect me, I dont live there and dont drive there, it's just the principal of the thing which irks me.

Thank you for your care and consideration jaffa,

we do not like disrupting traffic, in fact we have opened the path for emergency vehicles and a wedding.
BTW it is a legal, police supported demonstration.

This is how it was 0.8m to park a bike, most bikes are very close to 0.8metres wide - mine is 0.9m, so the risk is damage to your bike or theirs. as it was free OK, you get what you pay for.

NOW, they are charging us for this inconvenience and damage with NO improvements.

Also BTW the cost of fixing a bike is not cheap.
Take my bike, the cost of a front tyre is £115 the back is £125, well no the price went up the back tyre is now £145.

We can queue jump, but then we add little or nothing to congestion.

Now also remember it takes us about 10 mins to start up the bike with all the gear, 10 mins to undo all the gear. So we get a few freebies.

With the new system we are required to provide our registration number, card details, and a mobile number - often in a public place. That is a huge invasion of our privacy. Also very, very open to ID theft.

But the worst part is we have to often ring up and confirm these details in pouring rain and freezing conditions. we are NOT warm and cosy in our cars.

not to mention not one resident or car driver gets any advantage from us being charged to park in squalid conditions.
It is not £1, it costs us about £6 to £9 after mobile charges.

The WCC is selling their car parks, there is NO condition to even provide motorcycle parking.
The issues go on and on.

I really am sorry it is an inconvenience, but if we do not fight for our rights and your kids rights who will!

We are just like you, normal citizens.

O.K javabiker...you make some interesting points...BUT if you have read the whole thread then you will find I am not against you protesting to get better conditions, I would actually sign a petition for it if there was one.

I am against the protest if it is solely about getting free parking. I actually like bikers and have a lot of m8s who are bikers.

As for having to phone up to get a parking permit...well isn't it the same for cars and has been on Watchdog quite a few times, its an awful system.

I can assure you this event will go ahead. Just like THE LAST ONE DID... did you notice that one ? I doubt it very much

do some research first before you make threats pal !!!! We DARE because the people we have the problem with DO NOT LISTEN !!

In any case, we are used to coming across people such as yourself... doing just what you state you will do, its simple... we go around you anyway another way... ! ride off laughing while your still stuck there...

An the one day you try it, when,... yes when its a police bike, I will congratulate you on your points .... lane disciple is an essential part of driving... straddling a lane is considered dangerous driving. :) have fun

first of all i am not your pal!!!!
if the last one or the next one or the one after that does not affect me i will not give a shit!!!! when it does i will then start acting like a selfish cock to replicate your actions cos as i stated earlier who do you lot think you are blocking roads for every day people going about their business if your problem is with westminster council take it out on the council ie find out where the council leaders live and drive up and down their roads in your hundreds all day and night to pish on them and not on innocent people.
and as i wrote earlier i ALWAYS look out for bikers and move out of the way where possible , what i was saying was the day me or mine get affected by your demos against westminster (oh yea lets affect westminster by fooking up the m25 that'll pish em off !)i will THEN start driving like a cock and as said earlier i will try to get as many motorists as i can to do the same
as for lane discipline you have made a man who woke up grumpy laugh with that comment as most bikers i see on the road are lunatics with no etiquette or manners and are likely to come off and get hurt (THEN BLAME THE MOTORIST)within their biking lifetime. and no i am not wishing this on the few sensible bikers i see day to day just the lunatic majority who think that a set of leathers make them invincible!!!
have a nice day :) and have your beef but have it with westminster council not every one else !!!!

In general bikers do want this to be a problem for other motorists, they want to draw vehicle drivers into this debate in an attempt to gain support (bikers alone isnt enough). Problem is that it's causing a wider divide, motorists do not enjoy the selfishness of the huge majority of bikers. There is certainly a cult to blame motorists, a drive to revenge the car & van scum, an intent to cause trouble & disruption for any non-bike road users. This is why bikers will not have support from the general public imho. Bikers can remain selfish, just dont count on changing people's views as I'm sure it will end up with many more against you. Also, denying that bikers add to congestion is just silly, not even worth responce.
Good luck with the protests, but my support goes with blocking bikers in future rather than giving them consideration. I am sure many London drivers will end up like that as the divide grows, so you can only hope you dont alienate black taxi drivers with your ill-aimed protests.

take it out on the council ie find out where the council leaders live and drive up and down their roads in your hundreds all day and night to pish on them and not on innocent people.

We've done that.

Didn't work.

then take it in shifts and do it for a few weeks , i'm sure that there are enough of you to arrange that!!!

get loud bikes but keep it legal.

if that dont work pick on their parents/ childrens houses till it does .

me personally i think you should have to pay BUT agree that way of paying is wrong and should maybe done like they take the congestion charge where you are on a data base and take it automatically like they do with VNPR'S

Do you think it's fair that the same people who brought this charge in also awarded themselves free borough-wide parking?

Back