Motorbike Protest - 25/9 - M25 Other way round ...

I'm a wee bit confused now.

Is this protest about the free spaces that exist being changed to fee paying spaces (and parking conditions) or about having more spaces for bikes that should be free?

If its the latter then I thinking your having a laugh. If not then I stand by my original post.

I noticed the link you posted above, but i was under the impression that this topic was about the pay and displays now private parking places ? I just looked at the link again and noticed it is a list of pay and displays, but i cant comment on the conditions of the parking.

If there is secure parking, with each biking having its own space ect ect like the car does the no bother change them

Certin i'v nerver seen painted bays or bike points, usually there all crushed into the one ancor and its a shambles.

You mayhave no being saying any names however i felt it was clear you were refearing to me.

everyone is entiled to there own opinions its fine the problem is most of these opinions arnt based on fact, and im sorry i still dont agree that "the car pays so why shouldnt the bike" as an acceptial reson to charge a bike.

I did agree with one of the elier posts as well though, why should the car pay as well?

My opinions have been nothing but fact (as far as I am concerned).

Here is a link showing parking conditions
Westminster City Council - Security devices

Your opinion is they shouldnt pay because they are smaller...well they pay less for parking because they are smaller.

You have said there arent enough spaces for bikes...well I have provided 2 links which suggest overwise.

You have said conditions are no good for bikes...well I have posted a link above showing very good conditions.

I have provided links to back up my posts and you have just said they shouldn't pay because thats your opinion.

I stand by my opinion...If cars have to pay why shouldn't bikes, it's not jealousy, its about fairness............ and also about lining the pockets of those involved.

My opinions have been nothing but fact (as far as I am concerned).

Here is a link showing parking conditions
Westminster City Council - Security devices

Your opinion is they shouldnt pay because they are smaller...well they pay less for parking because they are smaller.

You have said there arent enough spaces for bikes...well I have provided 2 links which suggest overwise.

You have said conditions are no good for bikes...well I have posted a link above showing very good conditions.

I have provided links to back up my posts and you have just said they shouldn't pay because thats your opinion.

I stand by my opinion...If cars have to pay why shouldn't bikes, it's not jealousy, its about fairness............ and also about lining the pockets of those involved.

NO ! What you have posted is a link from WCC own website showing possibly one of the very very few acceptable parking spaces... which looks like a residential area... not the city where they are needed.

The other link is I think a general list, and in fact what it shows as motorcycle parking in wycliff street (next to my uni) is completely incorrect !

Look on the No to the bike parking tax at the Freedom of Information request replies that are posted and you will see that WCC are full of it ! and spout gold but deliver coal.

NO ! What you have posted is a link from WCC own website showing possibly one of the very very few acceptable parking spaces... which looks like a residential area... not the city where they are needed.

The other link is I think a general list, and in fact what it shows as motorcycle parking in wycliff street (next to my uni) is completely incorrect !

Look on the No to the bike parking tax at the Freedom of Information request replies that are posted and you will see that WCC are full of it ! and spout gold but deliver coal.

Now hold on a wee minute there, you posted a picture which imho was inconsiderate parking by bikers themselves or a staged photo, but you informed me they were parked but fell over and had a dominoe effect....I took your word for it and accepted the photo was genuine but now you want me to disregard a picture posted because the other side of the argument posted it. You also said I was blinkered but couldn't answer my question, being blinkered means not seeing all sides, yet I have looked at both sides and you still want me to disregard their side of it....seems there is no sense me having an opinion if it doesnt agree with what the bikers want.

I still would like an answer to why bikers should not pay if a car has to, you get plenty of free parking almost everywhere else, I wish car users got as much free parking but that simply cannot happen, the towns/cities would be chocker block.

As I said before, if you are protesting for better conditions to park safely and securely and pay a reasonable fee, then good luck with it, if its to get free parking then I don't rate your chances.

Go on Jaffa, neg rep the lot of them, you know you want to. ;)

lol :)

Now hold on a wee minute there, you posted a picture which imho was inconsiderate parking by bikers themselves or a staged photo, but you informed me they were parked but fell over and had a dominoe effect....I took your word for it and accepted the photo was genuine but now you want me to disregard a picture posted because the other side of the argument posted it. You also said I was blinkered but couldn't answer my question, being blinkered means not seeing all sides, yet I have looked at both sides and you still want me to disregard their side of it....seems there is no sense me having an opinion if it doesnt agree with what the bikers want.

No the photo I posted was the aftermath of a bike going over causing everything in the bay to move ! thus where they ended up !

I do not doubt that there are good bays, and I have never said 100% of the parking is the same... there are great bays, very very few of them... not in the locations that they are needed !

Your welcome to your opinion, and tbh dont really care if your for or against lol

You have to look at the bigger picture though, of course the WCC web site is going to highlight the "best" in bike parking they have... like they are going to show a overcrowded, badly set up bay PMSL !

Would be like Xbox promoting the 360 with a advert of a RROD console LOL

There's a few car parks round here that have started charging bikes the same as cars so I just pop the bike into a car space, if I'm paying full then I want a FULL bay regardless of if there are bike bays free or not.

Simples.............

There's a few car parks round here that have started charging bikes the same as cars so I just pop the bike into a car space, if I'm paying full then I want a FULL bay regardless of if there are bike bays free or not.

Simples.............

Totally agree mate.

If you are paying the same as a car then you should be entitled to the full space, you are only temp renting a plot in a car park.

No the photo I posted was the aftermath of a bike going over causing everything in the bay to move ! thus where they ended up !

I do not doubt that there are good bays, and I have never said 100% of the parking is the same... there are great bays, very very few of them... not in the locations that they are needed !

Your welcome to your opinion, and tbh dont really care if your for or against lol

You have to look at the bigger picture though, of course the WCC web site is going to highlight the "best" in bike parking they have... like they are going to show a overcrowded, badly set up bay PMSL !

Would be like Xbox promoting the 360 with a advert of a RROD console LOL

Yes I agree with you but likewise a campaigner for the protest is also not going to post pictures of good bays, you got to see both sides of the story.

Simples.............

Absolutely, any biker who paid the same price for parking should do exactly the same, there cant be one rule for one and another for the rest.

Yes I agree with you but likewise a campaigner for the protest is also not going to post pictures of good bays, you got to see both sides of the story.

Absolutely, any biker who paid the same price for parking should do exactly the same, there cant be one rule for one and another for the rest.

I can honestly say I have not seen a good bay myself while out on bike in London ! :( I am sure there are a few as I have said, but I have yet to find one that has plenty of individually marked out spaces with ground security installed.

I can honestly say I have not seen a good bay myself while out on bike in London ! :( I am sure there are a few as I have said, but I have yet to find one that has plenty of individually marked out spaces with ground security installed.

That's fair enough, I ain't a biker so I will take your word for it.

That photo looks like the bikes have been hit by a car or something to me

Well this has been an 'interesting' debate.

All interesting points. I'd like to add a couple of things...

Someone mentioned the fact that it's all about making money. This is true. Question is, who makes the money?

By LAW, councils are not allowed to profit from parking. In this case, Westminster City Council are actually operating at a LOSS of £430,500 per annum. That's taxpayer's money they are losing. Meanwhile, the private company registered in the USA is making quite the pretty penny.

I really do urge you to look into the connections between members of the parking department @ WCC and Verrus. Particularly, try looking into Colin Barrow - Leader of the council.

One more thing...
Did you know that the same people who recently decided that you should pay £5 per hour to park in Wesminster have awarded themselves free borough-wide parking permits?

i wish i could be there but after being knocked of 3 years ago , i'm afraid i can never ride a bike again (as much as i would love to) but chuck up a petition and i will bang my nane down:proud:

good luck and ride safe all:Clap:

Back