Motor Dish Setup Advice

warlord

Inactive User
Reaction score
Hi all

Finally got the time to do some work on my old dish :)

I have installed XP onto a new drive and punt my old Nexus-s card back in the PC.

I have got the dish setup in the garden, not a great setup, floor mounted (about 4ft) trees are around as well, so im not expecting a real lot from the setup.

Here are the sats that i can see , and get signals from.

nothing from 1 till

13.0 ok
15.8 ok
17.0 no signal
19.2 ok
21.6 no signal
23.5 very low signal no scan
28.2 ok
30.5 low signal no scan
and nothing beyond

Im guessing some loss could be down to the tree's and maybe the dish is to low ?

Could this also be a problem with the old LMB , its a cheap one from what i remember when i bought the system (about 8 year ago)

And also i have read that the pole has to be 100%, by eye and plum it seems to be :p

I am just testing all this out on the PC for now ready for when we go N3 and want to be able to have access from my DM600-c (when i add sat mod) to some sat channels.

Does the DM sat use motor positions as stored or does it use location settings ? USALS

I do have subs for Virgin boxes HD and normal, but only 2 subs and need something in our bedroom (daughter has the other subbed box in her bedroom). Im really just looking to get sport for darts :(

I have tried to find site for free test c-line , just to see how things work (using pc software to test not cccam :) )

Any chance with some help / info on the above questions, also some help with somewhere to try a free test (24 hr would be easy enough) c-line, only place i could find on the net said free, but then wanted £1 yea i know not a lot but if it dosent work a £1 just handed to them on a plate. Maybe a kind member here could help.

Thanks for reading.
warlord

The lnb seems fine if you get all those satellites, thats all correct.
The DM can use usals or diseqc, depends which you prefer. Usals is the modern way, best and easiest to locate all sats. Diseqc is if you want to manually move and set up satellites by little adjustments to maybe improve a weak signal (often not successful).
The test line I dont have.

Hi pinkhelmets

Thanks for the replies.

Strange thing on the sats is the ones in the middle missing :( I thought maybe a weaker signal from them that the old lnb cant see.

As for the DM i was hoping to use Usals, as when using the programed settings they all seem to be a few degrees off, and i have tried to store them from the Usals positions, but they dont seem to store, maybe the software im using.

No probs with the c-line mate, i did have someone send me one that i tested, trouble was it was freezing a bit, trouble my end or theirs not sure yet. I think i will swap the lnd for a quad one, just need to find a good "cheap" one :p money a problem for now, have £245 to find now for car road tax, what a fecking ripoff, i do about 4000 miles a years sheeesh.

warlord

Back