most of the scams on ebay

The problem with e-bay is they need some direct competition then they may consider spending some cash on getting rid of scammers and lowering their fees!

I recieved the following e-mail yesterday on an official ebay page as if it had come from ebay.
This character leonman55 was trying to sell me a camcorder I had bidded on a few days ago.
I was suspicious because the final auction price was £1,175 and this con man was trying to sell it to me for £600.
I forwarded the mail to ebay who confirmed it was a sacm.
You can't be careful enough.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dear morts52,

The seller :[email protected] give you opportunity to purchase this item titled "JVC GY-DV500 Mini DV Camcorder"(Item 7503066410) at your last bid price of £600.00.Our seller made you this offer because the winner of the auction is unable to complete this transaction at this time.Thistransaction will be made through eBay and will be supervised and protected by eBay Safe Harbor Team with the new program Buyer Protection on eBay.Currently, the seller has a $10,000.00 deposit in an eBay managed purchase protection account.Transactions with this eBay seller are covered by purchase protection against fraud and description error.If you accept this offer please contact the seller:[email protected] eBay, Inc Once again,contact the seller at this e-mail address :[email protected]

Please respond to the question on eBay by clicking the button below.

Thank you,
stringtrader

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This email appears in the language of the eBay site where you are registered.

eBay treats your personal information with the utmost care, and our Privacy Policy is designed to protect you and your information. eBay will never ask their users for personal information, such as bank account numbers, credit card numbers, pin numbers, passwords, or Social Security numbers in an email. For more information on how to protect your eBay password and your account, please visit User Account Protection.

This eBay notice was sent to [email protected] based on your eBay account preferences and in accordance with our Privacy Policy. To change your notification preferences, click here. If you would like to receive this email in text format, click here.

Copyright © 2005 eBay Inc. All Rights Reserved.
Designated trademarks and brands are the property of their respective owners.
eBay and the eBay logo are trademarks of eBay Inc.

ebay arghhhhhhhhhh

yea ebay is getting worse for people who wanna do u over ive had 2 dodgy emails from people in the last week asking for details

Sh*T there's some really good info here thanks guys for the heads up will keep my eyes an ears open
I'm always using ebay and always constantly worried about scams!
I've learnt more here in mins than i have on ebay over the past years.
I love this site
Thanks DW

thanx for the update, i always use ebay. BE aware all other users

i have just bought a infinity usb unlimited from ebay and there were many ppl to get it from but if there is a power seller get it from them because it is more likely that it will come very quickly and that there will be no problems with the transaction.

i've just recieved my infinity from ebay seller "dvb-shop24" recieved it within days had no problems try him

yeah ebay has some scammers on there!!!!! i was selling my laptop on ebay not so long ago,,, the auction had just started and someone in singapore bought it at the buy now price,,,,,, cool i thought,,, any way got a few emails saying that the unit should be shipped to some obscure country and if i had anymore,,,, so i replyied stating my payment options and my telephone number,,, so a couple ov days l8r i got a call off the buyer,,, everything ok u think???? NO the guy was after sending me a cheque for £7500 and once it had cleared i should send him £6.750 back (minus the price ov the laptop which was £750) and send the unit to him,,, SCAMMING ****,,, now ive heard this b4 so i told him to send whatever knowing that hes trying to rip me,,,, i would have loved 4 him 2 send the money we would have seen whos gettin ripped then,,,, anyway reported him 2 ebay and they sorted it but how can they let these people opperate 2 begin with?????????

Excellent advice, someone tried to rip me off by asking me to end the auction early as they wanted the item quickly, I did... (I didn't have a buy it now price). Then I got a little bit of correspondance which died when he realised that I wouldn't send the goods before payment had been recieved!

P.S."dvb-shop24" is good seller

they lookey lookey men never give up do the, they should stick to selling dodgey watches on the beach in spain.....................

when selling a big thing like laptop or your car or anythin like that avoid listing it at buy it now....cos my mate had lot of trouble cos you also get nigerian scammers comin into play

I bought an item from ebay with paypal
Item was dead when it arrived, I wrote to the seller no reply
Wrote to paypal they want me to get the item tested by an independant company which I have to pay for plus £15 to paypal for their paperwork.
The item was £65 I will not pay more money as it will cost me half the buying price and I am still not guaranteed a full refund :-(
The seller was stefford2002 so beware

Many thanks Damage. I use Ebay alot, thankfully I have not been scammed yet but the scams are getting more elaborate. I have had quite a few phishing mails.
I have circulated the link among friends.

I was also the victim of an attempted scam on ebay. I bid on something but I didnt win it. I was a £300 off the winning bid. Then, a wk later, I get an e-mail from someone pretending to be the vendor with offical looking ebay graphics etc telling me that I had a second chance offer. I asked ebay and they advised me that a second chance offer is never valid unless it appears in "my ebay". I carried on playing with this guy and he then sent me an official looking invoice, with a pay now button. When you click on it, it takes you to Western Union weblink. This idiotic scammers details were: Victor Noroi <[email protected]>

Back