most of the scams on ebay

Thanks for that.

Very interesting.

Heard something about cheques yesterday. Whereby a buyer pays with a fraudulent cheque the cheque clears, the seller sends the goods (Usually to a shipping agent/ abroad). Although the bank has cleared the cheque, when they find that it is fraudulent they take back the money so the seller is left out of pocket.

I just cant believe banks can clear a cheque, then find it to be fraudulent and then take back the money.... they want it all their own way.

I was selling something on eBay and some fecker tried to scam me using Western Union. The info on this thread saved me sixty quid. Everyone who uses eBay should read through this stuff.

Interesting read.

Anytime a seller ask for Western Union payments, I'm out.

I'm a regular buyer on ebay and have been ripped-off once(sending money to u.s.a) so some really go tips there, thanks damage.

Hi, guys.

My cousin got caught out with something to do with western union.
Makes me think twice about using it at all ! !

Even with all these cons it is still very safe if you keep your wits and only buy from long standing traders and power traders.

1st class post.

The ebay toolbar can be a very worthwhile addition to any regular traders browser. It has settings for scammers and spoof sites/emails and offers very easy ways of reporting new ones which is the only way of stopping these b*s***ds.
I have a slight feeling that some of them are accessing info enough to contact ebayers by signing up to the ebay affiliates program - you sign up and get paid to re-direct visitors from your site to ebay auctions. You get paid for each person that then goes on to register and buy from ebay. Because their account is 'tied' to your affiliate details, it is then possible to access data more sensitive than would normally be available. I don't know if I should be concerned or not, when I was able to sign up for the affiliate program inside of five minutes - and that included any checks into my background on their side and confirmation emails being sent to me!?!....

:flame:

Thanks alot for the info.
I will be very careful in the future.

I knew there were scams on E bay but didn't know half of that stuff . Thanks for the info.

superb info

super info
I am just starting out as internet entrepreneur, laptops accessories, mobile phones etc. This should be highlighted on ebays index page.

Back