mosc important please read

clamdog

Inactive User
Reaction score
guys i dont know if anyone has had a prob yet but im told by my m8 who works for ntl that they are turning off the boxes very shortly in all areas apparently they have done london and supposedly wales and the excw area is next,personally i cant see how they can bcos all rented boxes will go down as well has anyone had a prob yet in any of these areas or is it the fun 4 and atmega cards they are doing i wouldnt mind feedback on this one,i wouldnt of posted this if i didnt think it to be a good source of info i would like to hear anyone response here as to what you think or how you feel they may be able to turn off the boxes if at all cheers guys look forward to hearing your replys

atmega still workingg in s wales so far m8

ok m8 thanks for your reply if i get anymore info i will post asap

clamdog said:
guys i dont know if anyone has had a prob yet but im told by my m8 who works for ntl that they are turning off the boxes very shortly in all areas apparently they have done london and supposedly wales and the excw area is next,personally i cant see how they can bcos all rented boxes will go down as well has anyone had a prob yet in any of these areas or is it the fun 4 and atmega cards they are doing i wouldnt mind feedback on this one,i wouldnt of posted this if i didnt think it to be a good source of info i would like to hear anyone response here as to what you think or how you feel they may be able to turn off the boxes if at all cheers guys look forward to hearing your replys

The only way is by blacklisting some boxes that haven’t been returned
By sending killer EMMs to IRDs but that would be a very expensive way of doing things.

But what puzzles me is that your mate that works for NTL gives you this sort of information but forgets to tell you!!!!!How, when and what”!!!!

Just for record all working here in c&w area

this is making sense now.

i live in an ex c&w area and my funcard is ok aside from teh usual having to update the keys.

however, people over in Hackney are having problems.

they have titanium & opus cards which previously auto updated, but not anymore.

i tried re-doing the card since last week but it's not having any of it.

not even getting bbc1 when the card goes down now....been looking all over for this kind of info as i've been told by peeps that the boxes were being taken down.....no idea how it's being done but would like to know if anyone has any fixes.

this is not rumour mongering, people will start talking about it when it affects them.....if it's not affecting you, cross your fingers.....if it is, let it be known if you get round it.

someone mentioned reflashing the chips inside the box.....it this possible?

decoy7 said:
this is making sense now.

i live in an ex c&w area and my funcard is ok aside from teh usual having to update the keys.

however, people over in Hackney are having problems.

they have titanium & opus cards which previously auto updated, but not anymore.

i tried re-doing the card since last week but it's not having any of it.

not even getting bbc1 when the card goes down now....been looking all over for this kind of info as i've been told by peeps that the boxes were being taken down.....no idea how it's being done but would like to know if anyone has any fixes.

this is not rumour mongering, people will start talking about it when it affects them.....if it's not affecting you, cross your fingers.....if it is, let it be known if you get round it.

someone mentioned reflashing the chips inside the box.....it this possible?

Its all in general and been going on for the past few weeks,ntl software boxes with anti-update mods are falling over with the cr4 update.

doubt they'll target unreturned boxes - means we all have to clone subbed boxes, that would be very bad for them indeed. LOL:proud:

guys he doesnt know how they are going to shut down the boxes if e did i would be first to know and then i would pass on the info to you lot but after reading some of the posts in the general section i would say its already started dont say you havent been warned i will post anymore info as soon as i have it

kimigonzales said:
Hi guys! My rom 10 is fine at the moment. NTHELL area!

:)

It seems to be TW areas,with boxes that have non TW software and the anti-update mod.
As TW have rolled out cr4 these boxes are suffering from this.

Hi again
That would explain it undetterred
As i have heard and agree with
Whats the best box?
Answer the same one that the CC fitted in your house
Well if thats the main prob i dont have to worry yet
i have right box 4 right area :proud:

crackerchalk said:
Hi again
That would explain it undetterred
As i have heard and agree with
Whats the best box?
Answer the same one that the CC fitted in your house
Well if thats the main prob i dont have to worry yet
i have right box 4 right area :proud:

Yep thats right,some of these boxes are running cr1,so peeps must have had there moneys worth.

Jings unt shizer, filled me pants for a mo, just perasuaded all me m8's to fork out for moscs and someone posts something horrible like that......... phew......

The vod/cr4 issue has been known about for probably over 6 months now. Why are people so suprised by it !

Once an area goes vod any box that is stuck on cr1/cr2 will cease to work. Earlier versions of cr3 also cease to work. Basically, if you have a box that will not accept firmware updates then you have a problem !

Make sure that you have updated your box to the latest firmware if you want to continue viewing !

me and my m8 in n. london and both boxes using opos cards are down as described above.

sorry to sound stupid guys but what is vod short for also how do you know what software your box is on i.e cr1,cr2,or cr4 and how do you make the box update to the latest software im in ewcw area and everything is ok at present when i do a card and put it bk in box it normally does a update is this what you mean if not can someone explain

vod = video on demand

Firmware version can be found in the engineer's menu - if you've got the latest version in ex c&w it now says 'mini-guide' when you bring up the epg.

Back