Morrisons selling bio diesel

stefblak

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
saw this in my local station today, is it not supposed to be cheaper? its at the same price as regular diesel.

yeah, but it's better for the environment LOl

i would have thought it'd be cheaper though yeah.

The price will probably be down to tax - you can only make so much before the tax man wants a large cut !

lol its bolllox, most places selling the stuff have it roughly 10p cheaper than dino diesel.

myself i have a man who delivers as much as i want for 80p per litre, 4 months ago it was 60p a litre and my astra loves the stuff lol.

i always thought that to pay duty on fuel you have to actually use it, and the law defines that when fuel is in the tank it has been `used` hence thay can charge you duty ontop at the pump. not 100% though, when i was doing my `research`.

you are allowed to make 2500 litres a year for your own consumtion duty free so to speak.

but, if a company makes it, distributes it and sells it cheaper than crude, surely it should be cheaper at the pump?

but, if a company makes it, distributes it and sells it cheaper than crude, surely it should be cheaper at the pump?

yes should be, but as always once duty is added ontop theres not much left over, i feel no guilt at all driving my 50 mpg round town, 80mpg on motorway astra eco4 diesel @ 80p a litre :D

500 miles to a full tank round town, and 2 barrels to fill her (£40), was getting screwed on my old 1.4 petrol astra.

unfortunatly thought things are gonna get worse and before long i`ll be paying £1.20 a litre for my bio diesel and you lot will be paying £2.00 a litre on the pump for dino. sad but true thats were where heading i`m afraid.

Back