MORE Web Hosting Advice!

ManofScience

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
Been having a read here : https://www.digitalworldz.co.uk/index.php?threads/273426/.

I'm in the same boat, my 1 year Yola hosting has expired ( I guess I still have the domain for another year) but i'm looking around for a better deal/set up. The website currently is very basic - just a front end with FB link. However, i'm going to improve it this year but it's still only going to be more of a flashy presence than owt else with a link to the facebook page.

I don't see it using a massive amount of bandwidth or even storage but a email package would be handy (forwarding or hosting preferably), I'm guessing i'll end up using Wordpress as that seems like the easiest/neatest way of keeping it up to date. At some point I might look at Expression or Dreamweaver - when I have a spare week to learn them!

It's only a home business so funds are limited but I expect to pay a bit per month - whats people recommendations for hosting companies?

Last edited by a moderator:
Wherever you choose to host there's little point in looking at Dreamweaver or Expression if you're using Wordpress???

There are plenty of add-ins to do whatever you want and the CSS can be easily edited...

depends on how much space you want really, just a thought. try to not use the same company to buy the domain and hosting. if your hosting guys prove a pain its so much easier to just point the domain somewhere else while you deal with it then have your site disappear!
as for hosting a small, 3-4 page site. i wouldn't look to be paying above 4.99.
(I won't reccomend a link here as have yet to view forum rules on advertising, so google is your freind!)

Back