MORE Web Hosting Advice!

ManofScience

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
Been having a read here : https://www.digitalworldz.co.uk/index.php?threads/273426/.

I'm in the same boat, my 1 year Yola hosting has expired ( I guess I still have the domain for another year) but i'm looking around for a better deal/set up. The website currently is very basic - just a front end with FB link. However, i'm going to improve it this year but it's still only going to be more of a flashy presence than owt else with a link to the facebook page.

I don't see it using a massive amount of bandwidth or even storage but a email package would be handy (forwarding or hosting preferably), I'm guessing i'll end up using Wordpress as that seems like the easiest/neatest way of keeping it up to date. At some point I might look at Expression or Dreamweaver - when I have a spare week to learn them!

It's only a home business so funds are limited but I expect to pay a bit per month - whats people recommendations for hosting companies?

Last edited by a moderator:

Him Her

VIP Member
VIP Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Wherever you choose to host there's little point in looking at Dreamweaver or Expression if you're using Wordpress???

There are plenty of add-ins to do whatever you want and the CSS can be easily edited...

9i8u

Inactive User
Reaction score
depends on how much space you want really, just a thought. try to not use the same company to buy the domain and hosting. if your hosting guys prove a pain its so much easier to just point the domain somewhere else while you deal with it then have your site disappear!
as for hosting a small, 3-4 page site. i wouldn't look to be paying above 4.99.
(I won't reccomend a link here as have yet to view forum rules on advertising, so google is your freind!)

TEST