Monitor Problem PLZ HELP

zamzing

Inactive User
Reaction score
i have the most annoying problem in the world, hopefully someone can help.

when i turn my pc on monitor refuses to turn on with it, although the monitor has power it just seems like that no signal is being sent from the pc. to get everything working i have to turn of everything from the wall socket (with the PC powered on)(everything is connected to a surge protector) and then turn it back on, this seems to solve the problem but as you can imagine it is very annoying and may cause problems in the future because im having to turn the surge protector on and off constantly!!!

Thx

If i were you i would try a couple of things:

1. upgrade to the video card latest drivers.
2. Try your monitor without a surge protector.
3. Try your PC without a surge protector.

Maybe any of this will work.

Good luck.

thank oj, but none of them seems to work, i have this problem with other graphics card and other monitors aswell.
has anyone else got any ideas???????? does anyone think it could be the power unit inside my pc?

I had a monitor problem, it turned out that I hadn't tightened up the screws on the plug. I had just plugged into the back of the pc, I tightened the screws and everything went right all on its own! So this is worth checking even though it seems a little silly.

Did you build the PC yourself? Have you opened the casing to work inside lately? if you did could it be some static electricity issues?

ive installed a new graphics card recently however i had this problem before the upgrade, i have however had the side panel of the casing removed for years?? could this be the problem?

how have u got it conected?
is it power from the surge protecter to the pc and power from the pc to the monitor
or power for both from the surge protector

is the moniter on standby?

yeah they are both powered from the surge protector,
sorry, wot du u mean is it on standby?
thx
on the front of the monitor is a button this is the on off button if it is on when the computer isnt on this is classed as stand by
so next time u have ur computer running
dont turn the monitor off
and try it this way

cheers david, but i always leave it on standby, this is really driving me nutts, my 360 is also connected to the surge protector and i dnt wanna fook dat up lol;)

Back