monitor pixelised

clamdog

Inactive User
Reaction score
hi guys hope my title made sense,i was given a "17" lcd monitor today bloke said it just died on him,so i plugged it in and it worked straight away no probs i thought cool but then after 5 mins the screen went all pixely i say pixely but its like flecks everywhere, the best way to describe these flecks is if you put a video tape in a video and the heads are dirty you get a sort of pic but with white flecks everywhere i hope that makes sense any help would be appreciated as in any ideas to a poss solution keep up the good work guys look forward to reading any replies

The fact that he gave you this monitor for nothing and he had problems with it ring alarm bells! Sounds like it's shafted tbh but most TFT's come with a 3 year warranty - get a new one for free. :)

thanx for your replies guys the bloke didnt actually give the monitor to me he was having a clear out i work for the council,he just said it didnt work thats why he is throwing it out but as i say i plugged it in and there was power, when i said the monitor is pixelised i notice that its ok for the 1st 5 mins it seems to be when it warms up it goes wrong i have taken the connections out and reseated but still the same i was wondering if using another monitor cable may work is it true what is said most tfts have a 3yr warranty please reply guys if you have anymore theories guys really appreciate the replies already

Clam, what make panel is it? Alot of leading makers give a multi year warranty, but not all, you'll need to look at the manf's web site to find out, also you may need proof of purchase..
Doubt very much another cable would make any difference, if it's the cable the fault would be there all the time, not just when it 'warms' up.
Even if it's not under warranty, it may still be woth getting it repaired. Even if it cost you 75notes it'd still be a bargain..

Back