Modding USA wii

jay 210

Inactive User
Reaction score
got a usa wii to mod its a d2c chipset ..is it ok to chip with argon ....and will it be ok to update fw thanks

yea should be fine to mod with argon..if its a d2c board, id still use the 13 + 4 wire install as its rock solid compared to the 9 wire installs....i only ever connect the 13 wires though as region free isnt something id recommend unless you cant wait for pal versions of games to come out...and vice versa for you with it being a ntsc-u wii.

as for firmware updates...updateing what .?? wii .? argon.?

only update your wii with an ntsc-u game. never use a pal update.

if its the argon your talking about as long as you use the 13 wire method then 1.8 is rock solid and probably will not need an update...but if you decide other wise you need an injectus programmer for the argon....

yea should be fine to mod with argon..if its a d2c board, id still use the 13 + 4 wire install as its rock solid compared to the 9 wire installs....i only ever connect the 13 wires though as region free isnt something id recommend unless you cant wait for pal versions of games to come out...and vice versa for you with it being a ntsc-u wii.

as for firmware updates...updateing what .?? wii .? argon.?

only update your wii with an ntsc-u game. never use a pal update.

if its the argon your talking about as long as you use the 13 wire method then 1.8 is rock solid and probably will not need an update...but if you decide other wise you need an injectus programmer for the argon....

great advice m8 thanks for the reply ......so as long as no pal update is taken then the wii will be ok is that right .....

1 more thing ..do i connect to sx for usa games with it being a usa wii ...thanks

1 more thing ..do i connect to sx for usa games with it being a usa wii ...thanks

yes thats correct but only bother with the 4 extra points if you want the chip to be region free.

bad news

no spin on drive ..the wii is on 3.2u and i install it to the diagram as done before on others ..this is the first usa ive done

no spin on drive ..the wii is on 3.2u and i install it to the diagram as done before on others ..this is the first usa ive done

sounds more like a short or bad connection, won't have anything to do with the region, a usa drive is exactly the same as a pal drive the difference is the console, the console sets the region.

sounds more like a short or bad connection, won't have anything to do with the region, a usa drive is exactly the same as a pal drive the difference is the console, the console sets the region.

just taken off the 4 extra wires now i get spin up ..but not playing pal backups but plays usa original heads gone ...checking wires now
soz edit.....
could it be the argon fw not sure what fw it as on it ...has a pink dot

just taken off the 4 extra wires now i get spin up ..but not playing pal backups but plays usa original heads gone ...checking wires now
soz edit.....
could it be the argon fw not sure what fw it as on it ...has a pink dot

i dont think it will play pal backups once the 4 region free wires have been removed...do you have a usa backup of any game.?

the install is exactley the same apart from the 4 extra wires..... P Q O and SX for region free for usa.....

Happy Times

i dont think it will play pal backups once the 4 region free wires have been removed...do you have a usa backup of any game.?

the install is exactley the same apart from the 4 extra wires..... P Q O and SX for region free for usa.....

all wires on including the 4 extra ..and pal are playing :Clap:
thanks for the help .....terminator and Wiiman rep added

always nice to hear some one up and running and after having a bit of trouble along the way......

:Clap:

Back