Modded xbox360 not reading discs

wiz569

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
As per the title guys,
its a modded liteon and it wont read any game discs,
from reading around the best solution seems to be to fit a new laser which is fine,once I pinpoint which one,
but I have noticed on the bay they say that the lasers come with an antistatic protection (blob of solder) which has to be removed,
now the problem being I dont have a soldering iron,so can they be got already de-soldered :)

And is this above the best way to go as regards fixing the read problem

Thanks in advance guys ;)

id replace it with a benq, lot of lite on's failing (i used to swear by them, but getting loads in as repair jobs now).

benq drive off ebay is around £17 no soldering needed

id replace it with a benq, lot of lite on's failing (i used to swear by them, but getting loads in as repair jobs now).

benq drive off ebay is around £17 no soldering needed

But wouldnt that need flashing then?

or is it a straight replacement but will act like a normal drive i.e. not flashed

your problem might be your drive needs flashed again with the latest software, im in the same position.My sons 360 isnt playing any new games,did his console last year and all was fine,got him new games in the last few months and none of them play.
I was told it needed reflashed,just havent got round to it because i havent the tool to open the bloody thing and i cant remember how to do it.
gio

Ok took it all apart in the hope that maybe there might be something obvious,but as usual there wasnt lol,

Decided to pot tweak it just for the hell of it,
multi-meter decided it didnt want to work so did it blind i.e. just turned it a tad,

Just put it all back together and its running fine :banana:

No doubt it will feck up again and I will have to get it fixed proper like,but in the mean time lots of brownies points with the kids :proud:

Cheers for the input guys :Clap:

But wouldnt that need flashing then?

or is it a straight replacement but will act like a normal drive i.e. not flashed

Yes, but I assumed if you were considering replacing the laser, you would be capable of reflashing the drive.

Yes, but I assumed if you were considering replacing the laser, you would be capable of reflashing the drive.

While I would be capable of flashing it m8 I dont have the equipment unfortunately,
but it may still come to that and your input is appreciated m8 :Clap:

Back