modded my first Wii

Highlander

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
a member on here had faith in me modding his pride possession Wii.

and after sweating and reading the tut's on how to take them apart (what a pain in ar$e that was as well) and more sweating, i managed to remove the drive from the main board.

then wiikey in one hand, soldering iron in other, fingers crossed, legs crossed, toes crossed etc...LOL

bit of flux, bit of solder, LOTS of patience..........*sound of drum roll*

looked o.k. , sweat dripping from brow LOL

put it all together, and presto, worked straight away.

tested half dozen games, and all worked fine.

now to mod my sisters, and then mine when it arrives.

i agree taking it apart is a pain but after putting chip in and booting it , its a good feeling, i didnt take the cable out that joins board to drive, just flipped it over and went good, as easy as doing a ps1 and xbox 1 :), i fitted the wiikey works a charm

i agree taking it apart is a pain but after putting chip in and booting it , its a good feeling, i didnt take the cable out that joins board to drive, just flipped it over and went good, as easy as doing a ps1 and xbox 1 :), i fitted the wiikey works a charm

Yeap just as easy as a pu18 psx.

a member on here had faith in me modding his pride possession Wii.

and after sweating and reading the tut's on how to take them apart (what a pain in ar$e that was as well) and more sweating, i managed to remove the drive from the main board.

then wiikey in one hand, soldering iron in other, fingers crossed, legs crossed, toes crossed etc...LOL

bit of flux, bit of solder, LOTS of patience..........*sound of drum roll*

looked o.k. , sweat dripping from brow LOL

put it all together, and presto, worked straight away.

tested half dozen games, and all worked fine.

now to mod my sisters, and then mine when it arrives.

Well done mate, I had my one done last week and since then I have been continuously playing on the Wii!!! Did you mount the chip on the circuit board or did you wire install it?

as easy as that eh m8? ;)

well done, im off to pick up my brothers and his m8s to do tomorrow, i fit the chips with funky a flashing red, blue n purple LED just for bling factor lol

Well done mate, I had my one done last week and since then I have been continuously playing on the Wii!!! Did you mount the chip on the circuit board or did you wire install it?

mounted to board m8

Back