mobile wifi

kook

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
hi all

I am going to india in a few weeks time and looking to take an unlocked mobile wifi box to use with an indian sim card
has any one got the knowledge on how to unlocking these and the best one to get

kook

It looks like vodaphone's a good option for India, so maybe their mifi box would do.
Have you not got a phone you could tether from? take a read HERE.

hi all

I am going to india in a few weeks time and looking to take an unlocked mobile wifi box to use with an indian sim card
has any one got the knowledge on how to unlocking these and the best one to get

kook
The local Indian sims are pretty cheap ie 199rp(£2)for 1Gb of data a day plus 100 minutes 100sms text for a month so unless you are taking an pc or a tablet with you you would not need mobile wifi. If you feel you still need mobile wifi than you are better buyiing the box locally and the JIO is very popular at 1000rp(£10) though it is locked to the JIO sim. One of my friends took one the JIO's whilst travelling north to Amritsar and Shimla and he said he was very impressed with the reception even when travelling through the some of the mountainous regions. You can buy other unlocked mobile wifi boxes locally as they will be cheaper in India then in the UK.

You will have problems buying sims in India unless you have an Aadhar card or a PAN card so find yourself a friendly local to help you purchase the sim.

Last edited:
I have been facing an issue on my mobile wifi as it is not getting connected to the printer and I am unable to get the printout. Whenever I am trying to get some print through wifi connection, it shows Epson printer error code e-01 How would I fix that?

I always use Jio while in India. I think they give 1GB per day and if you use more, the speed just gets reduced. My unlocked 3 dongle worked as well as using it in my unlocked phone. Good thing about using it in your phone is that Whatsapp still works using your original number.

Back