mobile phone, milk, help

jammoboss

Inactive User
Reaction score
I got a samsung u600 with 3 months left on contract, my child spilt milk on it.

When i stick the battery on the flash is automatically coming on, it wont boot up and the screen is flashing, if i let it dry whats the odds on it working lol.

I do know from past experiences sticking it in by the boiler works, cant i use a hairdryer and hope ?

it'll probably work if you let it dry out, but it aint gonna half stink m8

well its coming onto the smasung screen but the flash is going on and off, i cant get past the samsung part mind

i was thinking just leaving it a few days and pray, if it stinks im sure i can spray febreeze on it and wait another few days for it to dry again lol

Last edited:
I got a samsung u600 with 3 months left on contract, my child spilt milk on it.

When i stick the battery on the flash is automatically coming on, it wont boot up and the screen is flashing, if i let it dry whats the odds on it working lol.

I do know from past experiences sticking it in by the boiler works, cant i use a hairdryer and hope ?

damp of any kind will cause problems. but if you remove the battery and place it in the airing cupboard, leave it there for 4 0r 5 days turning it over once a day. it may well work after that, do not replace the battery until you are convinced its dry. if it does not, most probably, all it needs is a good clean in an ultrasonic bath. this can be done by a dealer, mucho expensive, or for £16 you can get a bath from ALDI, its very good on jewellery you know, a bottle of cleaner costs £5-£10 from maplins. or you could use a 50-50 mix of water and Hammerite thinners. over 90% of wet or damp phones work perfectly after one or two baths! if you can get to me i will do it for you foc!!!!! lol though the word beer does comes to mind, te he.

i decided to leave it in a warm place and after 4 hours, it turns on properly with no flash light now but stays on the samsung startup picture? can it still be wet inside?

i decided to leave it in a warm place and after 4 hours, it turns on properly with no flash light now but stays on the samsung startup picture? can it still be wet inside?

Depends how much milk was spilt on it. It's best left until you KNOW it's dry. I'd leave it in the airing cupboard for a day or two.

If you're on an 18 month contract tho, you can usually upgrade in the last 3 months of your contract ;)

Even when the phone is dried out it, it doesnt mean the corrosion caused by the liquids isnt still there... You will need to take it apart and clean it thoroughly with a brush and solution then leave it to dry :)

i have been offered an upgrade but i dont want to stay with t mobile.

i tried to open it but even my pencil screwdriver set hasnt got one small enough for the screws, there tiny. i might be able to lend a set of a friend mind.

I will leave it overnight and see what happens tomorrow.

I take it milk is worse than water for actually staying on the components or corrosion?

yep coz it smells cheasey if left in your jeans pockets and you may get some funny looks lol

i tried to open it but even my pencil screwdriver set hasnt got one small enough for the screws, there tiny. i might be able to lend a set of a friend mind.

I take it milk is worse than water for actually staying on the components or corrosion?

m8 it happened to me once but it was those tubs of bubbles that the kids play with.
took about 5 days in a warm place before the thing would turn on and work properly.
and then another 2 weeks before it stopped blowin bubbles in my ear.
give it a bit of time

Much worse I'd say. Milk will leave a stick residue behind. It's difficult to say how much damage it's done but it has sounded like it's shorted components and when it comes to the type of electronics used in a mobile phone, thats quite bad turning it on. It can basically cause a short to ground or elsewhere and when a voltage is applied (ie. turned on), it can basically fry components.

Just a tip.
If you spill a liquid on any phone, laptop etc. Immediately remove the battery and then dry equipment out.
Damage is done by the live battery shorting. Speed is essential.

You should be able to use those cheap screwdrivers you get for glasses & watch repairs, usually a £1 a set from pound shops...

If I can remember right 4 screws on back, 1 under the plastic peel off cover with Samsung written on it and another 2 under the bottom which has a ribbed plastic cover over the top. You can peel both these off with a thin flat screwdriver, they are stuck on with double sided tape.

all the information you need to correct this fault is in the post above the one i quote here! each time you switch it on, before it is dry, you cause over heating and possible shorting. good luck to you if you wont listen!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

all the information you need to correct this fault is in the post above the one i quote here! each time you switch it on, before it is dry, you cause over heating and possible shorting. good luck to you if you wont listen!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The overheating though is a direct result of the shorting.

The overheating though is a direct result of the shorting.

not if a component is covered in thick substance, it is unable to dissipate the heat it generates, sometimes causing a short, but often causing component failure! the fact remains that, unless you strip the phone down, there is not a cat in hells chance of it being dry in 4 hours! popping the battery in every so often to see, aint to bright either.

Back