Mobil 1 oil

nyck

Inactive User
Reaction score
I've just bought a Focus 1.8 tdci .I was hunting around in my garage and i found 5 ltr of the standard mobil 1.Would that be ok to use in the focus diesel engine or does it have to be the Diesel mobil 1

thanks nyck

Dont fanny about with oils mate

if its a desiel put desiel oil in it, it might run ok but who knows the damage you'll do with the wrong oil

For the sake of 30 quid just get the right stuff!

And im pritty sure it needs to be desiel oil!

make sure it the right type eg 5w-40w and is it petrol or diesel oil

I've just bought a Focus 1.8 tdci .I was hunting around in my garage and i found 5 ltr of the standard mobil 1.Would that be ok to use in the focus diesel engine or does it have to be the Diesel mobil 1

thanks nyck
on my mondeo tdci
i have to use semi synthetic oil

use

grade 5w30

classification CF/B1-98

Last edited:
Mobil Super FE Special 5W-30

mobil oil is getting popular now as you wont have any issues with it,use it in garage.:banana:

just to add been a low ash oil smoke levels will reduce,with regular servicing naturally.

Last edited:
you will be fine with mobil 1. 5w30 fully synthetic is the right spec for your car.

thebigman

The mobil 1 i've got is 0w40 fully synthetic

It will be too thin, and you will just burn it off. It will not do any damage to the engine. Its just best to put the correct grade in.

you use a thinner oil based on the ambient temperatures your car is exposed to during the year

if you read spec sheets then in this country your recommended oil might be 10/40 semi synthetic but in russia for example it might be fully synthetic 0/40

the thinner the oil the more likely your gonna burn it off and the more expensive it is going to be to keep it topped up

Back