MMDS antenna and DW2 image

countyfinal

Inactive User
Reaction score
I'm not familar with antenna types but I have a mesh antenna and my friend has an antenna with just a "pole" like a large drill bit!.

He was using a gemini image on a DM500T and had channels until the keyroll change in April, I could not telnet to the box as someone had changed the password so I used DreamUp to install DW2 and everything works ok with my mesh antenna. (I also have a DM500T with DW2).

Last night I connected the box to his antenna and cannot get any channels. I scanned on chorus mmds but could not lock to a transponder. I changed it Irish DTT service and locked and found about 48 channels but with no picture on any channel.

I stopped and started Evocamd, deleted the keys, rebooted the box but still no picture. I checked to see if the keys rolled and they seemed to have with new timestamps and date.

There is only one cam installed, should I cange the cam or should I install a gemini image on the box that it originnally had.

I suppose my question is, why does the box work with my aerial and not his, is it the image or cams or what else could it be.

The large drill bit is most likely a Yagi aerial.
It has an internal downconverter but its IF intermediate frequency is different to your one.
Its probably a 662 Mhz .
The channels will be shifted by 440Mhz so you need to scan at higher frequencies.
Do a scan at 674Mhz and see if it picks up anything.

I thought that the DW2 image that I flashed to the box had the rom fixes in it but when I loaded the fixes fron the link above some of the channels started working.

I have about 42 channels but there are about 30+ mkissing, I'm missing all RTE channels TV3, TG4, all Setanta channels, only have Sly Ports Xtra and 3.

I have tried manual re-scan etc but cannot get any new channels

I put in 323MHz in the manual scan but the signal will not lock. I've rebooted the box, restarted evocamd but no good.

I cannot get the signal to lock on the chorus mmds(ie) service, I presume that it because the yagi aerial only looks for signals in the higher freq band

I can get it to lock on Irish DTT Trial (ie) service but with only 42 channels

One thing I did not try was the terrestrial.xml file above, where do I put it on the box?, will this file force the box to search the lower frequencies?. When I enter the lower freq manually I get nothing!.

Help!!!

As I already said you need to start scanning at 674Mhz and up in 8Mhz steps.
The frequencies are shifted by 440Mhz.
The standard terrestrial.xml will not scan all the relevant transponders.
Copy this one to to /var/etc
It will find all the channels for you

Last edited:
Thanks Fano,

I will do that this evening, how many channels should I be able to pickup, I originally had about 72 before that keyroll in April but I've heard some people say that I should have 127.

Thanks Fano,

I will do that this evening, how many channels should I be able to pickup, I originally had about 72 before that keyroll in April but I've heard some people say that I should have 127.
It depends on your area.
Its around 125 services but some of them are radio stations.
Around 85 tv channels and 35 radio services.

Thanks Fano, I put the above terrestrial.xml file in /var/etc and did a rescan and it picked up all the channels, about 91 TV to be precise.

Of course some don't work, like Guide, SAGEM_download, Channel South and some other CPDL channel.

I have a problem with the pitcure quality on all the BBC channels but that might sort itself out, hopefully. SNR and BER seem the same as all the other channels and they are working fine.

Thanks again Fano

Thanks Fano, I put the above terrestrial.xml file in /var/etc and did a rescan and it picked up all the channels, about 91 TV to be precise.

Of course some don't work, like Guide, SAGEM_download, Channel South and some other CPDL channel.

I have a problem with the pitcure quality on all the BBC channels but that might sort itself out, hopefully. SNR and BER seem the same as all the other channels and they are working fine.

Thanks again Fano

No bother,glad you got it sorted.

Back