Missing Channels

Rat

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
Since we was asked to re scan due to important changes I've lost a fair few few channels
I mainly watch HD channels so noticed I'm missing all but 1-5 and CBBC
I have a digital aerial and Ive done some things that I found via a google search but nothing will bring missing channels back
Things I've tried
auto scan
manual scan
unplugged tv and aerial plugged tv in and scanned with no aerial then plugged aerial back in (suppose to clear tuner)
factory reset tv
any ideas or do I need to upgrade aerial again ?
Samsung UE55JS8500 TV

Looks like Im missing COM7 and COM 8 around 24 channels

Attachments

• Missing.JPG
    Missing.JPG
    64.5 KB · Views: 17
Which mast is your nearest/which mast is aerial pointing to?
Where did you get those details from?

Im sure its pointing to Crystal palace
I'll check on laptop I think it was uk digital site

The frequencies in use for Crystal Palace are

Code:
You don't have permission to view the code content. Log in or register now.

Maybe you scan those frequencies manually. You could also try connecting aerial to your E2 receiver.

Reactions: Rat
Im sure its pointing to Crystal palace
I'll check on laptop I think it was uk digital site

Which way are the aerial elements .. horizontal or vertical. Crystal Palace main transmitter (horizontsl) should be good but if your elements are vertical, that could mean you are coming off a local fill in transmitter & they are undergoing engineering work.

They are selling off more of the top end of the Terestrial spectrum so there are changes happening.

How old is the aerial & how large. Some older aerials may be short band & no longer covering the frequencies they are using. . The only way round that is a new aerial & one recommended for the transmitter or wideband aerial & should be filtered

The frequencies in use for Crystal Palace are

Code:
You don't have permission to view the code content. Log in or register now.

Maybe you scan those frequencies manually. You could also try connecting aerial to your E2 receiver.
No luck scanning those freq, I think I may need a new aerial

I think I may need a new aerial

If you search the web you'll find a lot of people are having the same problem John. Since the recent channel movements, they're finding that their aerials need upgrading as their older digital aerials don't have wide enough bandwith cover.

EDIT: Oops! Just noticed cappuccino's post saying the same thing.

Last edited:
Yeah I have seen this nara.. but was hoping not to spend any money lol but it's the only way it seems

I had similar issue many months ago looks like it was down to some on going work. After about 2 weeks everything seem to come back

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Yeah I have seen this nara.. but was hoping not to spend any money lol but it's the only way it seems

Definitely check with neighbours and check on Crystal Palace (Greater London, England) Full Freeview transmitter if there are any known issues first.

I was at Crystal Palace recently, it surprised me the range of different aerials on properties very close to the tower. .. you do get odd problems on Terestrial
I got asked to do a couple of motorised satellite dishes up at Blackpool but he asked if I could sort his aerials out first. Channel 55 was super low off Winter Hill for some reason so I had to do quite a bit to get the numbers up. He told me afterwards the local freeview installers couldn't get it as it was a black spot for 55... just a few streets. (Could have told me first lol)

Sometimes it can be other local interference .. unofficial mobile phone gear & cheapo wireless gear are some of the worst but not sure down at Terestrial.

What about photos of older aerials and the newer ones needed.
i have an aerial in attic that might need changing also plus a booster for multiroom.

Back