missing channels

Mark_The_Yid

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
My m8 is not getting certain channels on his sky digibox. BBC2, ITV1 & Channel 5 being a few. Using a cheap sat finder he has adjusted his dish so the signal is as strong as he can get it. On the menu screen this shows about 3/4 on top bar and half on bottom bar.

The channels still say either no sat signal or technical fault with channel so he took my digibox to his house and on this box SOME of the channels now work but there are others that worked b4 that now dont like vir**n & vir**n +1.

This sounds crazy to me. Is there anyone that can shed some light on this please?

It could possibly be that the dish is out of alignment....when it rains there is hardly any signal with ours as the dish does move so try to check the signal

He said it is the strongest signal he can get from the sat signal meter. Is it possible that the dish is out of shape? Bird flown into it or something?

Anything is possible with flying objects....could be a ufo? lol

I think the dish could be out of alignment? The dish does move.....you will have hope for no birds or ufos lol

Cant be alignment if the signal is as strong as it gets surely?

how big is your dish if you dont mind me asking?

Could also be a frequenzy wrong in your transponder

Also the heavy rain...ie the density of it will also not give signal or picture at times too!

hope this helps

by the way I woman learning mens stuff lol

Well lady, my dish is about 6 inches!!!! lol. He has a standard minidish 45cm and the problem is in all weathers. seems strange as most channels work ok. Another friend has signal strength of 1/4 and has no probs at all.

well...its the size of the dish that will improve the signal strength something over 80 cm.

also check the frequenzy too...in your transponder tell him

The size of his equipment is fine. It just needs using properly!!!! Sky only needs a 45cm minidish.

well try to see the frequenzies on the transponder...

hope I have been of help

Try upgrading the box By doing the following.
Turn the power off by the wall socket
Hold down the backup button on the FRONT of the reciever
Turn the power back on whilst keeping the backup button pressed
This will cause the box to upload the the latest softwere, Providing the dish is properly alligned and I mean to astra 2 @ 28.2 deg east. Not any other sat.
Hope that will Help.:eater:

If you have tried 2 receivers on that dish, and both have channels missing; plus you have tuned the dish to maximum, then it is likely that the lnb has a fault and needs replacing.

If you have tried 2 receivers on that dish, and both have channels missing; plus you have tuned the dish to maximum, then it is likely that the lnb has a fault and needs replacing.

Spot on m8. Cheers

Back