Missed Call Scam F@@kin C**ts

Companys can charge money like £15 a minute as these numbers are usually from abroad, they will just make it look like a UK number by forwardign you on to the premium rate number. Remeber the dial-up Scams?

As already mentioned above, £15 per min calls are a myth. The max charged for any premium line is £1.50 per min regardless of call origin. Thats on a BT line. Others may vary slightly but not by much !

Simple way to avoid this type of scam though is to not call back numbers that you dont recognise or think look suspicious.

OFCOM wont act on this, try ICTSTIS, they are the industry regulator for premium line operators and may have enough evidence to get your money back. They have done so for a friend of mine.
Icstis Homepage

I can't understand why anyone would call back a number they don't know.

If I get a missed call I don't even think about it, if it's important they will try again or text me.

I won't even answer a withheld number, as before if they want to speak to me they will unhold the number or text me.

if you want to spend £1.50 a min on hold sweetsiss carry on but like ellie 1998 says if its a number you dont recognise just let them ring you back if its important they will

As already mentioned above, £15 per min calls are a myth. The max charged for any premium line is £1.50 per min regardless of call origin. Thats on a BT line. Others may vary slightly but not by much !
not true i'm afraid. that only works if the call is to a UK registered premium rate line. £15 a minute is not that uncommon.

not true i'm afraid. that only works if the call is to a UK registered premium rate line. £15 a minute is not that uncommon.

ICSTIS notes that, "the reference to £15 is an urban myth. It is not possible for a £15 charge to be made on connection.The max charged for any premium line is £1.50 per min regardless of call origin." False claims about large "instant charges" have featured in similar phone-scam warning emails.

Icstis Homepage

Last edited:
Back