Missed Call Scam F@@kin C**ts

qwertyasdfg

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
I received a missed call an hour ago from 07033311117, thinking it might be one of my m8s on vodaphone I called it back, didn ring or nufink, I looked at my mobiles screen & I had been connected for 8secs, at this point i got an engaged tone.

Thinking somin was up I called my network provider & they confirmed that I had been charged over a quid for those 8 secs, they gave me details of ofcom to report this number.

Ofcom just took a note of what happened & basically said they couldn't do nothing about it unless they receive many complaints about the same number & even in that instance all they could do is shut the number down. No compensation, prosecution nufink, that sukx.

They also pointed me in the direction of who they allocated these numbers to, the company they allocate the numbers to leases them on to third parties, so even if me or ofcom where to track the ppl who are responsible for this scam down, they'd probably be long gone or be trading as a limited company who could just fold and not be liable for jack.

To top it off, the name of the organisation who they allocated the number to is called "Cheers International Telecom Ltd", based in London. Bunch of B@ngers.

I've attached the Personal Numbering, Radiopaging & Mobile numbers list which ofcom provided me with, so no-one else has to go threw this bollo!

My son got a missed call last week from a number he didnt know, so he asked me did I know it, I looked it up on the net and of course it was on some forum about how they charge £15 per minute. This shouldn't be allowed to happen.

£15!!! holy MOO!

Thanks for the heads up on that, it will certainly make me more warey about answering my phone to unknown numbers!

Cheers!

My son got a missed call last week from a number he didnt know, so he asked me did I know it, I looked it up on the net and of course it was on some forum about how they charge £15 per minute. This shouldn't be allowed to happen.

Pretty sure there is no such thing as a £15 per minute Number. Call charges are stricktly regulated in the UK. I think the highest rate premium number allowed is £1.50 per min. Mobiles may charge you slightly more for access to these numbers but certainly not the quoted £15 per minute.

I think all premium rate numbers begin with 090.

Last edited:
Pretty sure there is no such thing as a £15 per minute Number. Call charges are stricktly regulated in the UK. I think the highest rate premium number allowed is £1.50 per min !

your right there m8, been though it myself..........

thats all they can get off ya...............with o2 any way, others may be dif.....?.....:proud:

Pretty sure there is no such thing as a £15 per minute Number. Call charges are stricktly regulated in the UK. I think the highest rate premium number allowed is £1.50 per min. Mobiles may charge you slightly more for access to these numbers but certainly not the quoted £15 per minute.

That's correct. The £15 per minute thing keeps cropping up in warning emails, but it's just a myth.

I think all premium rate numbers begin with 090.

You are right, thats was just me not reading the whole post properly, it was £15 for the whole call. Sorry for the confusion.

Thanxs for enlighting me, i`m one of those who`s had these missed calls and rang back and not thought much about it after and then wonder why my bill is so high without checking the bill. Will be more carefull in future, thanxs for that.

f***** robbin w*****......time to get a lynch mob and crack some heads like the old days.....thats if you can find them.......

there on there way!! ;-)

These ppl picked the wrong hombre to try this shit on, even if its only £1.28, these ppl are going down, trust me!

Da boyz r on da case & I actually live not to far from there office is based, so I hope they're prepared, as they are in 4 some shit :Chainsaw:

f***** robbin w*****......time to get a lynch mob and crack some heads like the old days.....thats if you can find them.......

i suspect the office is registered to them but i can probably guarantee no one in there etc. Good hunting mate....

I had 1 of these last week, decided to call the number back using my company mobile so will know in a months time if it was a scam :(

phone the number from a pay phone the computer answers and leave the reciever off jammin one of the lines do this many times and you will jam em all .you need to use different phones so it means a lot of walking for £1.28

ps dont know if it would work but you couldtry it if you could be ar**d

I never call back missed calls as its usually a tight mate who doesnt want to use his credit:Angryfire

That is probablyyhr case m8 & even if there was ne1 there, they'll just fob me off saying that they leased the line to someone & cos of DPA they can't tell me who, still guna get my £1.28 one way or anova, Cheers International boss man, Watch ur back!

i suspect the office is registered to them but i can probably guarantee no one in there etc. Good hunting mate....

is a dodgy number 2

i got it the other day and i just googled it, if you dont no the number google it

If your dialling an 07 number shouldn't that come out of your allowance or be charged at mobile to mobile rates ?

Surely if your provider doesn't refund you it would be a breach of your t&c's

Companys can charge money like £15 a minute as these numbers are usually from abroad, they will just make it look like a UK number by forwardign you on to the premium rate number. Remeber the dial-up Scams?

Back