Miraclebox HDMI stopped working

silverdale

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
My Miraclebox Premium Mini HD out has stopped working. My tuner socket for the cable side was slightly loose so it flickered when the cable or the box was moved. I took the tuner out and soldered the outer tuner connector back to the main outer casing of the tuner as it had broke away from the main body of the tuner. I'm ok and competent enough to do this, well on a normal day I am.

When I put the tuner back in and turned the box on the blue light just flicked on off with nothing in the display so I took a look at the tuner and noticed that one of the pins that the tuner slots back on to had missed the socket/hole on the tuner itself and had gone up the side of the tuner socket, bent over. I bent it back re-sat it and turned it on but since then I've had nothing bar problems first re-flashing was a mare but it's flashed I can only get a picture on the scart.

I've tried all the normal things, settings res etc, on the box and TV, hdmi cables the lot so now I'm thinking it's either the image (which I doubt) or the hdmi is knackered.
If it's the hdmi , is this fixable ?. I know boxes are ten a penny but this has been a trojan of a box and if it's fixable I might as well have a pop at repairing it and save the money. It's the wrong time of year to be forking out on boxes
Any help would be appreciated

Can these be flashed with the RS232 ? after hours of reading there's a half a chance it could just be images/bootloaders/drivers. If I flash it one way with openvix and thier bootloader it works without the hmdi working (scart only), if I flash it with openatv and the bootloader on their site it sticks on Booting.

Last edited:
More likely usb stick issues format fat 32 and extract image to stick,i have used kingston,integral and cruzer 8gb to flash all my boxes without issues.
Hdmi ports can blow if removing cables while powered on,only do any cables when powered off. Maybe you were unlucky with the soldering as i cant see diddly squat.

The tuner pin that was bent would have likely shorted to Gnd when you switched on. There should be a part number on the tuner so could google the pinout for it and see if the offending pin still carries correct voltage/signal.
Scrub that....just seen the tuner isn't in a standard tuner shell.

I'm beginning to think the tuners fecked. I only added a bit of solder to the outside of the cable tuner socket. It has come away from the main body.
I opened the tuner and everything's ok

Back