Mike Tyson to fight Roy Jones Jr in exhibition bout

joe516

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
Former heavyweight champion Mike Tyson will return to the boxing ring for an exhibition fight against ex-four-weight world champion Roy Jones Jr.

The bout is scheduled to take place on 12 September in Los Angeles.

Tyson, 54, last fought professionally in 2005 when he was beaten by Irishman Kevin McBride in what was his sixth loss in 58 career contests.

Fellow American Jones, 51, has not fought since beating Scott Sigmon in February 2018.

The California State Athletic Commission has sanctioned the fight, which will be over eight rounds and broadcast on pay-per-view
Tyson to fight Jones Jr in exhibition

Seen some training video’s of Tyson he looked in great shape and still looks a scary prospect.
Taking nothing away from Jones, I wouldn’t like to be Roy Jones Junior as I don’t think he has faced anyone with the power of Tyson in his career. As it is an exhibition match I think Tyson will take it easy on him.

Last edited:
Tyson has gone for the smaller man hoping he does not have the power to scramble his punch drunk brain like so many did to him on his way to retirement. Danny Williams lol

Roy Jones one of the all time greats that fought on too long should of retired after Joe Calzaghe.

Tyson is going to crush his rib cadge to stop him.

Tyson should of fought "Lets go champ" Briggs but i reckon he'd be scared of that fight.

I think Tyson has nothing to prove, he dominated his era and nobody could touch him bar the Douglas fight but I think the partying was catching up with him and he totally underestimated Douglas and probably thought it was an easy fight imo.
I think after Cus D'Amato died and the people around him and the women was his downfall.
I will say one thing about Mike Tyson for a small heavyweight nobody ever knocked him out cleanly, he was always trying to get up after he was put down.

I will say one thing about Mike Tyson for a small heavyweight nobody ever knocked him out cleanly, he was always trying to get up after he was put down.
:D
Didnt look like he wanted to get up here.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Exhibition or not really has nothing to prove he should not fight on but if he really has to beat up a smaller man to prove something to himself, ill probably watch it.

:D
Didnt look like he wanted to get up here.

Exhibition or not really has nothing to prove he should not fight on but if he really has to beat up a smaller man to prove something to himself, ill probably watch it.

Tyson was 38 and way way past his prime when he fought Williams but still got to his feet.
He is still to this day the youngest ever heavyweight world champion by beating Trevor Burbick in just under six minutes and
I very much doubt it will be beaten imo.
Personally I don’t think he should be fighting but that’s what fighters do and I don’t think the urge to compete ever leaves them.
I suppose if you’re offered million’s to fight,
It can sometimes be hard to resist.

Tyson was 38 and way way past his prime when he fought Williams but still got to his feet.
He is still to this day the youngest ever heavyweight world champion by beating Trevor Burbick in just under six minutes and
I very much doubt it will be beaten imo.
Personally I don’t think he should be fighting but that’s what fighters do and I don’t think the urge to compete ever leaves them.
I suppose if you’re offered million’s to fight,
It can sometimes be hard to resist.

Agreed but my main point is he struggled getting up at 38.

Just re reading what i wrote and to correct my comment on him facing a smaller man, this was in reference to been natural at the weight. Tyson would loose weight to meet his ideal fighting weight Jones had to bulk up muscle wise at anything over light heavy in my opinion. Jones was an absolute god at his craft. Very sad to see these too greats going again. I hope they both come out of this unharmed.

Agreed but my main point is he struggled getting up at 38.

Just re reading what i wrote and to correct my comment on him facing a smaller man, this was in reference to been natural at the weight. Tyson would loose weight to meet his ideal fighting weight Jones had to bulk up muscle wise at anything over light heavy in my opinion. Jones was an absolute god at his craft. Very sad to see these too greats going again. I hope they both come out of this unharmed.

Let’s hope Jones doesn’t get caught like he did here because Tyson hits way harder than Maccarinelli.

Mike Tyson vs Roy Jones Jr has reportedly been postponed until November 28.The eight-round exhibition bout was originally announced for September 12 at the Dignity Health Sports Park in California

Back