Microsoft Vista

D 8 RCS

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
Still Lost and Looking for a Better Place.
Microsoft Vista its the biggest heap of CRAP I have come across. I HATE IT !!!!
It is sooooo slow and it treats you like a complete idiot double and treble checking everything you want to do.
Why oh why does it Re-Cycle files that you are trying to delete and take 20 times longer than XP ever did.
No wonder Bill Gates is trying to stop any more issues of XP with new computers because given the choice I am sure no-one in their right mind would ever opt for Vista.
It is SHITE !!!

What do you think ?

It is not too bad.

Somethings worse than XP.
Somethings better.

Try turning User Accounts off 4 a start

Control Panel --> User Accounts
Click Turn User Account Control on/off
Untick UAC and [OK]

Had it on the lappy for a couple of days but never really used it.

But I have heard it is a sod for trying to override what you are doing.

That is not good!!

Unattended Vista anyone?

Also does it really NEED to be activated over the phone?

I have a genuine Premium key here but I do not want Vista. But if I were to reinstall it would I have to talk to them to activate it?

I don't use it, but whenever I have on other people's computers I love it. It's much better than XP.

Tbh if you installed it on a computer with 1GB of ram though and no graphics card or something, it's going to be slow.

It needs to be installed in a computer bought in the last year or so. I mean, you wouldn't run XP on 256 RAM would you? But they did when it first came out, and people complained then.

Also, i don't know why you're complaining about the recycle bin... You can turn that off anyway. Like notmeatall3 said also, you can turn off user account control (not recommended though).

Tbh, you didn't really give any real reasons for hating it.

It just seems that everyone atm is hating it, without real reasons, and it just seems to be the 'in' thing to do atm.

It is sooooo slow and it treats you like a complete idiot double and treble checking everything you want to do.
Why oh why does it Re-Cycle files that you are trying to delete and take 20 times longer than XP ever did.
No wonder Bill Gates is trying to stop any more issues of XP with new computers because given the choice I am sure no-one in their right mind would ever opt for Vista.
It is SHITE !!!

What do you think ?
Billy G doesn't run MS any more. Steve Balmer does:
ballmer_tongue.jpg

He has said if people still want XP - not being shown by retail figures apparently - MS will keep XP past the current 30th June end-of-life date. More: http://www.reuters.com/article/mergersNews/idUSL2493099620080424
It is not too bad.

Somethings better.

Untick UAC and [OK]
Agreed, but don't forget to switch off the way windows notifies you otherwise I've found it complaining every 5 mins that UAC is turned off.
Had it on the lappy for a couple of days but never really used it.

But I have heard it is a sod for trying to override what you are doing.

That is not good!!

Unattended Vista anyone?
vlite ;)

Also does it really NEED to be activated over the phone?

I have a genuine Premium key here but I do not want Vista. But if I were to reinstall it would I have to talk to them to activate it?
If its from a genuine OEM/retail disc, you'll have to call.

If its the licence sticker from your laptop you'll have to call, as this key has never been activated. If you're still running the factory install (i.e. you haven't formatted) then you can use the Activation Backup and Restore (ABR) method.

Google vista ABR, you want the directedge or notebookreview site - both sites link to each other, but notebookreview contains links to download vista - although no licence key is provided, I decided I'd better not post the links, even unclickable ones.

If you had access to a KMS server and it was buisness or ultimate you wanted to run, you wouldn't have to call.

Agreed, but don't forget to switch off the way windows notifies you otherwise I've found it complaining every 5 mins that UAC is turned off.
QUOTE]

opps my bad
[start] --> control panel
click security centre
click Change the way security centre notifies me on left
click either Don't notify me but display icon or dont notify me and dont display icon.

I personally choose to see the nagging little icon.

I did say why I hated Vista - It is so SLOOOOOW ( a least 10 times slower at doing most things ) and it treats you like an idiot wanting to treble check everything you want to do.
I am running it on a brand new pc (Intel quad core) that is about 5 times more powerful and has much more RAM etc than my old pc, so the pc is not the problem it is Bill Gate's latest money making machine Vista.

I did say why I hated Vista - It is so SLOOOOOW ( a least 10 times slower at doing most things ) and it treats you like an idiot wanting to treble check everything you want to do.
I am running it on a brand new pc (Intel quad core) that is about 5 times more powerful and has much more RAM etc than my old pc, so the pc is not the problem it is Bill Gate's latest money making machine Vista.

And you asked our opinions. notmeatall3 even told you how to turn UAC off - the bit that asks you to confirm you want Vista to do what you've told it to do.

Granted it is slower than XP on some benchmarks (e.g. 3d rendering, including games) - but it is better on others (e.g. video and audio encoding).

At the end of the day if you want to go back to XP do so, we're not telling you your opinion is wrong. But this isn't the rant room and a few of us had no problems with using Vista.

Try Windows Server 2008 if you want Vista without all the garbage, it's a very nippy OS but lacks all the visual themes and clutter of Vista.

hmm, i used to hate vista but now its not so bad, after its been tweaked mind and 3gb of ram...

I actually think Vista is excellent now that it is more supported with drivers. You do need plenty of memory to run it though. Dont know if you have a 64 bit system but if you have and you like XP windows XP64 is also very good.

Vista sucks

I have to know how it works for work, so I have it installed on my lappy but I gotta say it generally bugs the shit clean out of me!

Seriously considering putting xp on my laptop and just using vista on a research machine.

It basically makes everything look pretty, but really hides anything more than basic usability from the user. Its a total dumbing down of the os and takes alot of digging to get to any advanced feature. This sort of nannying really pisses me off.

I do like the media centre interface though..... got it installed on a self built media centre in the lounge and works well.

been running vista from rc1 in nov 2006 to vista ultimate now without any problems other than no epson printer drivers that worked for me untill recently

try and disable some of the useless crap running in the backround and you will see a massive differance in the performance of vista,ive only got 1 gig of ddr1 ram & a 2ghz 64 bit athlon and it runs sweet as xp

here's a great site for tweaking vista http://www.tweakhound.com/vista/tweakguide/page_8.htm :banana::banana:

i still make xp my default os as vista is still incompatibale with some software & games that i still use

How much RAM does your computer have?

It is not too bad.

Somethings better.

Untick UAC and [OK]

same as the above,got xp on 1 drive ,vista 64 on the other just for playin,i'm gettin used to it and basically if you want to mess around with your o/s stick wiv xp m8 windows defender can be switched off also,just to add to my respected friends comment above

It is SHITE !!!

What do you think ?

i have two computers xp and viasta . i can't say i have any problems with viasta but a friend of mine brought a new viasta laptop . he had problems one after the other . he went back to the computer store . they offered him an up grade . the upgrade was to xindows xp itself . some up grade .

Back