Microsoft unveils 60Gb Xbox 360 model

NL7

Inactive User
Reaction score
Microsoft has made its first major announcement ahead of this week's E3 show in the US by unveiling a new 60Gb Xbox 360 console.

Priced at $349 (£176), the new machine, which is currently only confirmed for the US, will be officially launched next month.

Microsoft also confirmed it is cutting the price of its 20Gb console in the US from $349 to $299 (£151), with industry rumours suggesting the system will now be phased out.

In the US, gamers can now choose between the hard drive-free Xbox 360 Arcade $279 (£140), the 60Gb model for $349 and the 120Gb Xbox 360 Elite model at $449 (£226).

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/gaming/a110774/microsoft-unveils-60gb-xbox-360-model.html

its been confirmed that this will not be coming to europe and there will be no price cut on current xbox360's.

europe gets shafted as always

thats pish - this would have been the one and only reason for me to replace my knackered 360

What's the big deal?

A bigger hard drive, so what?

I don't even have a Hard Drive!

My 512mb memory card does me just fine.

They aslo have a brand new drive lol

lite ons

also

Microsoft has told SPOnG that the changes to its hardware offering in North America will not be reflected in the UK.

SPOnG was told by a representative:
"The 60GB Xbox 360 and the 20GB clearance sale are for the US only. We have not announced any changes in Xbox 360 offerings or pricing in Europe."

Last edited by a moderator:
I wonder why MS chose not to do this? After all, isnt the 60gb model meant to go directly against the PS3?

In the US, dont they also have a 80gb PS3?

MS being an american company is always going put the US 1st.

Back