Microsoft - Cheeky Fookers

deedie

DW Regular
Reaction score
French website logic-sunrise who is usually pretty clued up on these things indicates that Microsoft's new 199 Euro's Xbox 360 packs with 2 games and 2 wireless controllers are in fact OLD machines. After opening 10 of them, they found that the machines have been converted to new and all have non-falcon motherboards, old Hitachi 47 or Samsung MS25 drives and the repair center sticker on them. They suggest that you do not buy these packs and if you want a brand new machine, then fork out 199 Euro's for the arcade pack or 269 Euro's for the premium pack.

if thats true then that is right out of order, i would have thought that would be illegal.

What's that in real money mate? :)

I don't think anyone would complain if they opened a 360 and found a sweet little Samsung drive in there! My mate grabbed a brand new Arcade pack last week and it had a Benq drive and Falcon chipset.

It came with 2 games and 2 wireless controllers, sounds like the same pack.

I don't think anyone would complain if they opened a 360 and found a sweet little Samsung drive in there! My mate grabbed a brand new Arcade pack last week and it had a Benq drive and Falcon chipset.

i know what you mean in terms of the hacking community being happy to buy them. but think of joe public who have no idea about it.

and it cant be the same pack, this one was released today or yesterday.

just checked, it was today these packs were released in europe

French website logic-sunrise who is usually pretty clued up on these things indicates that Microsoft's new 199 Euro's Xbox 360 packs with 2 games and 2 wireless controllers are in fact OLD machines. After opening 10 of them, they found that the machines have been converted to new and all have non-falcon motherboards, old Hitachi 47 or Samsung MS25 drives and the repair center sticker on them. They suggest that you do not buy these packs and if you want a brand new machine, then fork out 199 Euro's for the arcade pack or 269 Euro's for the premium pack.

if thats true then that is right out of order, i would have thought that would be illegal.

Your title says it all mate ;) ...thats a right fookin liberty :grrrr:

About 158 quid for the arcade and 213 quid for the premium.

Its always nice to see the sammy in there but I dont think I'd take the sammy at the cost of an older repackaged system lol

Back