micro sd card not detected on s8

spoke to samsung customer service....because i got the phone unlocked from a unlock code i bought from ebay ...this has caused this issue and my phone warranty is invalid....any truth in this ?

unlocking your phone has only got to do with your mobile provider and shouldn't have anything to do with Samsung. I cant believe they wont accept responsibility.

Sounds like they are just trying to get out of fixing it.

i had the same problem ended up sending it bk to ee they sorted it out for me

Does unlocking a mobile phone affect the warranty?
Photo_2.jpg

Darren
March 14, 2016 14:09

Follow

No - unlocking a phone will not void the manufacturer warranty on the phone.

Let me explain why. When a phone is locked to a network, it is done so at the request of the networks after the phone has been built to the manufacturers standard. This means that the manufacturer (i.e. Apple, Samsung, Nokia, etc) have built the phone and installed the software they want to sell the phone with and everything is ready for the phone to be sold. However, when the phone is sold to the networks with the intention of being locked, the manufacturer THEN activates the lock. Therefore, the lock itself is a change made outside of the phones original settings. Removing this lock is then seen as a change made to something outside of the manufacturer's original specification

Does unlocking a mobile phone affect the warranty?

ok thanks guys - thats a relief, im gonna send it back to samsung for the third...if a phone has been roooted, and im not saying my phone was rooted then can samsung check to see if it has at any stage been rooted ? because im happy for them to check this as i did not root my phone...

ok thanks guys - thats a relief, im gonna send it back to samsung for the third...if a phone has been roooted, and im not saying my phone was rooted then can samsung check to see if it has at any stage been rooted ? because im happy for them to check this as i did not root my phone...
Yeah, would stick out like a sore thumb once hooked up to diagnostics. You got nothing to worry about though cos yours' hasn't been rooted, has it? ;)

No mate..in no way has it been rooted 110% sure....i wouldnt know where to begin..;)

if a phone is rooted it can be easily un rooted and they are none the wiser.

i unrooted a lenovo phone and an xiaomi phone before sending them back for repair and had no issues with them.

just been chatting to samsung support again, asked me to upload screen shot of phone status..see below. from what ive read if the phone has been rooted (which it never has) then the knox counter would read 1 and warranty will be void..mine is showing 0 so its not been rooted..samsung then said that because it says "system status: custom "..my phone has been rooted..and warranty is void..i dont understand what the hell they are on about and i told him its never been rooted...
IMG-20171210-WA0011.jpg

would the phone being in a different country cause this intial problem ? and also would this phone not being able to update to the latest software for s8 make it a doorstop and useless ?

where did you buy the phone? shouldn't they be the ones you are dealing with and not Samsung?

if i was you i would ask someone here with the same phone to take a picture of their phone status without the "system status custom" and send that on to samsung. Then tell samsung you did a factory restore and thats what it shows now.

Odd are they are not going to check it when u send it back.

personally i think its a joke that rooting voids the warranty.
Samsung are like hey spend €800 on a phone but you cant do this and that with it. Oh and the best part you cant delete all that bloody bloatware we put on your phone to slow it down. imagine Honda saying your warranty is void if you drive on a motorway.

the phone i bought here in the uk from o2 store , it was working fine apart from the two issues i mentioned before but was fixed by samsung. Now ive given the phone to my daughter who has gone to the UAE work related, anyway, she tried to update the phone but got that message..perhaps its to do with where she is as the phone software is specific to uk/europe only and not in UAE...or the phone is region locked ?..ill try to update via smart switch when she comes back next week..

To issues here struck a chord with me: I have a Nikon DSLR camera and decided to treat it (OK, me!) to an expensive SD card (Samsung EVO IIRC...) and the camera really struggled with it, even though the card worked fine in other devices. Turns out I wasn't alone so just used a different card & it's been fine ever since.
Re. your phone, how was it 'unlocked'? I had a Galaxy S6 unlocked by a "local Asian shop" and, apart from installing a really annoying (and hard to delete) advertising app, their method caused other issues, the most annoying one being that the phone now forgets wifi networks on re-booting. Maybe it's crap like that Samsung will use to try & wriggle out of warranty.

Samsung wouldn't have performed the repair. Phones of all makes are sent to a regional repair facility by the phone companies. I used to work at one which was ran by Unipart Technology Limited. Was a massive warehouse-like facility which ran days and afternoons with approx 500/600 staff per shift.
There was a fully automated hub and carousel system to sort and post the repaired phone back to the customer and a massive warehouse section crammed with pallets of brand new phones belonging to the various phone companies. Apart from warehouse and clerical staff there were an army of mobile phone testers, around 200 each shift were in an enclosed esd safe area carrying out the repairs.

The lowliest of the repair team would carry out repairs such as loudspeaker/microphone replacements. They were on a production line where they would input parts needed on their terminal and they would be delivered to them. They would be on a Samsung/Nokia/Sony/Blackberry or whatever line all shift doing the same repair over and over probably expected to do 6-8 an hour.

There were some board level repairs involving micro soldering but was more experimental than efficient/cost effective. The budget per item for repair was less than £10 parts and labour so thousands of phones were classed BER and pallets of them would be auctioned off, mainly to far eastern buyers.
Of the phones that were repaired, most if not all would be put back to original factory settings and fully tested by the Compliance Department before being despatched back to the customer. I left a long time ago but in those days a broken in half sim tray would have been classed BER by the tester and replaced and wouldn't have made it as far as the repair centre.

ok daughter came back yesterday..ivegot the phone here , with me, updated to the latest firmware via samsung smart switch, updated fine to latest.problem still persists...sim tray doesnt come out smoothly and doesnt seat propely..requires a vey firm push for it to just pop out slightly..had this issue last time when it went in for repair..wifi and blutooth toogle switch still greyed out and cant connect to my wifi network..booked in for repair next week...why does my device status show "custom" ? like i said before its never ever been rooted or modded in any way? the knox counter that shows if systeem has been rooted would have tripped and showed 1 but it shows 0 ..weird that ? if its tripped then its permenant and it voids my warranty..but it hasnt..yet these samsung support say ive rooted the phone...!!

Back