micro sd card not detected on s8

johnny bravo

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
hi guys - i put in my my kingston 32gb micro sd card into my samsung s8, but it doesnt detect it, cleaned the contacts, seated the card properly yet it still isnt detected..anyone having similar issues...reading on the net, seems to be a common problem ..the card is 100% genuine and works perfectly in my htc m8

hi guys - i put in my my kingston 32gb micro sd card into my samsung s8, but it doesnt detect it, cleaned the contacts, seated the card properly yet it still isnt detected..anyone having similar issues...reading on the net, seems to be a common problem ..the card is 100% genuine and works perfectly in my htc m8
Hi mate there are thousands of posts out there with same complaint..
however i did find this fix on you tube fix here dont know if its good for you but try and see mate.

thanks mate, but i tried all that it just not seeing the card..seems like another problem with the s8, put the card back in my htc m8 and it works fine..gonna phone samsung tommorrow...just got the phone back from samsung after the sim tray got stuck inside and broke in half, another problem with this new s8 flagship..damm !

Ive had no problems at all with my S8+ :)

looks like ill be sending it back to samsung, will post back and see what they say tommorow..@rat by the way what screen protector you got on your s8+ mate, ive tried a few from amazon with great reviews but they just dont stick around the edges, seems like the reviews on amazon and the screen apps need a firm push..at the moment ive got a film protector on that i cut to fit the s8, also ordered a spigen aromour case..what sd card are you using ?

just a cheap one mate tbh as you say they start peeling at the curve
I use a flip case (Book Style) not to everyone's taste but I like the protection

cheers bud..looks like ill be without a phone again if i have to send this back to samsung..im gonna try another microsd card tommorow, im sure i got some chep ones laying around somewhere..lol

Reactions: Rat
Johnny I bought a zizo bolt series case from amazon.com I only paid less than a tenner and they gave free glass curved screen protector. . Protector didnt work with their own case but I put a spigen case on and its never lifted yet and Ive had mine since launch

Reactions: Rat
I'm using a Samsung 64gb SD card in my S8+ apart from a few bluetooth problems when I first got it, which were sorted with a software update, it's bee performing great.

I use the Samsung LED flip case with no scree protector. I've never used a screen protector but always been very careful with my phones though.

just spoke to samsung customer services..told me to try another card, which i havnt tried cos i cant find any of my misro sd cards..also told me to go into safe mode to see if it fixes the problem and it doesnt..nest option is to do a factory reset..just backing up my phone to samsung cloud..before i do a reset on the phone..will wait and see...

Anyone tried a olixar case friendly screen protector? some say they're great some say they're shite
just watched the video on Mobile Fun about this protector, doesn't look like it goes totally over the curve so shouldn't lift ?

had a similar problem with my 64gb sd and ended up buying a new one after i had tried every trick in the book

I had a similar problem but not with a s8 turned out ot be the sim tray slightly ski wiff

just spoke to samsung customer services..told me to try another card, which i havnt tried cos i cant find any of my misro sd cards..also told me to go into safe mode to see if it fixes the problem and it doesnt..nest option is to do a factory reset..just backing up my phone to samsung cloud..before i do a reset on the phone..will wait and see...
Good lunck to you , any way , not matter what you do , resetting your samsung is a disaster

samsung fixed my s8 sd card issue...now im having another problem...im getting sick of this s8.....camera gives blurry images, tried to see if a software update was available and was presented with the screen (see pic). My s8 is 100% original, never modded or rooted....looks like a return back to samsung again...
IMG-20171207-WA0007.jpg

spoke to samsung customer service....because i got the phone unlocked from a unlock code i bought from ebay ...this has caused this issue and my phone warranty is invalid....any truth in this ?

Last edited:
samsung fixed my s8 sd card issue...now im having another problem...im getting sick of this s8.....camera gives blurry images, tried to see if a software update was available and was presented with the screen (see pic). My s8 is 100% original, never modded or rooted....looks like a return back to samsung again...
View attachment 121003

spoke to samsung customer service....because i got the phone unlocked from a unlock code i bought from ebay ...this has caused this issue and my phone warranty is invalid....any truth in this ?
To be honest that is why I hate buying mobile phones online where retaining might be an issue have you tried resetting the phone to factory default usually helps also how much did Samsung say they can fix it for

Back