mgcamd newcamd?

Thanks for the heads up, just getting my post count up!
They need to be useful posts to gain access to downloads.

New softcam
Hello guyz
I'm running latest vix image with mgcamd 1.38. Can someone help me get the latest softcam mgcamd 1.45? Its not in plugins.
Also another question is if I change to 1.45 do I need to change anything in mg_cfg file?
Thankz

Although Mgcam 1.45 does work for me its very hit and miss, work on the server side needs to be done to as mentioned above.
You dont need to make any changes to the mg_cfg file.

I also disabled checksum in Oscam with the same results.

Last edited:
I am not having very good results I checked boxes in oscam but the best I can get is for sky one to decrypt for about 10 seconds. I email my supplier who is not local and the response was not very convincing.

I am not having very good results I checked boxes in oscam but the best I can get is for sky one to decrypt for about 10 seconds. I email my supplier who is not local and the response was not very convincing.
Its really hit and miss mate.
Ukgold sometimes clears, a few movie channels, some discovery...then all of a sudden none of them work and others do.

Its down to the server owners to fix the problem, ECM's seem all over the place, channels are still clearing so i reckon it can be fixed.

Edit: got home tonight and every channel works spot on, with Oscam and Mgcam.

Edit: Mgcam 1.35 & 1.38 still not working but 1.45 is working fine now.
to install mgcam.1.45 on openvix, download the attachment and unrar, install mgcam.1.38 from the p;ugin feeds, then ftp the mgcam.1.38 file from the attachment to usr/softams and overwrite the original mgcam.1.38 file, check CHMOD is 755.
start mgcam from softcam manager.

And to disable "checksum" in Oscam add the following line to the server.cfg file "disablecrccws = 1" without quotes.

Attachments

• mgcamd.1.rar
    312.8 KB · Views: 21
Last edited:
Thats deep kryton. Im already on mgcamd 1.38. Is there not just a 1.45 file i can telent to tmp and install from there?

Thats deep kryton. Im already on mgcamd 1.38. Is there not just a 1.45 file i can telent to tmp and install from there?
I found 1 but after installing, it didn't show in softcam manager.
if you already have 1.38 just ftp that file to usr/softcams and overwite, restart mgcam.
its pretty easy, this will still show as 1.38 is softcam manager but will be running 1.45

Will it work on vix image?
Can you talk me through the above?
I take we do this on pc, connect to box.
Im already using mgcamd 1.38, will it not be usr/softcams already?
I will check in bit kids playing on pc ;-)

Yes, download the file to your pc.
Unzip or unrar it. Inside the rar file is the "mgcam.1.38" file. This is really 1.45 its just been renamed to overwrite the original 1.38 file in your usr/softcams folder
Connect to your box using a ftp program.
Navigate to usr/softcams.
Transfer the downloaded mgcam.1.38 file to usr/softcams and overwrite the original.

Then restart mgcam in softcam manager.

If you can transfer ipk file to /tmp then you can transfer this file to usr/softcams. Its the same process.. just make sure you choose overwrite the existing file when prompted.

Thanks

Couple more questions mate.
How to do this?
check CHMOD is 755.

I dont have to do this do I as im using mgcamd?
And to disable "checksum" in Oscam add the following line to the server.cfg file "disablecrccws = 1" without quotes.

Thanks

Couple more questions mate.
How to do this?
check CHMOD is 755.

I dont have to do this do I as im using mgcamd?
Checksum is for anybody using oscam.
You dont nees to do this.

Dont worry about CHMOD.
If you already have 1.38 installed it will already have the correct permissions.

You know how to start/stop or restart Mgcam dont you? Your on Openvix?

You will need to stop and restart mgcam for 1.45 to kick in.
This is done in softcam manager in the openvix menus via your remote control.

Yes, download the file to your pc.
Unzip or unrar it. Inside the rar file is the "mgcam.1.38" file. This is really 1.45 its just been renamed to overwrite the original 1.38 file in your usr/softcams folder
Connect to your box using a ftp program.
Navigate to usr/softcams.
Transfer the downloaded mgcam.1.38 file to usr/softcams and overwrite the original.

Then restart mgcam in softcam manager.

If you can transfer ipk file to /tmp then you can transfer this file to usr/softcams. Its the same process.. just make sure you choose overwrite the existing file when prompted.
Ohhh i miss the old C/S days.
Your still on the ball mate!!
✊🏼

Im getting critical transfer error when im trying to transfer the file to usr/softcams ?

Im getting critical transfer error when im trying to transfer the file to usr/softcams ?
What program are you using to transfer it?

vu+ control centre then FTP to filezilla
You dont need vu control centre
Open filezilla
Connect to your VU box using the ip address.
Username and password should be root.
Right panel will be your VU box, navigate to usr/sofcams
Left panel is your pc, navigate to where you have unzipped the mgcam.1.38 file, then drag it over to the right window and overwrite the file on your VU box

Back