Metallic Kettles and funny tastes!!!

earwig999

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
We have had a few of these and can never pin down the cause.

For some reason the kettle give the water it boils inside a metallic taste. Tried all sorts, de-scaling, rinsing with salt and even leaving to dry. But nothing ever get rid of the taste. We have had three kettles at home like this and two at work. Could it be anything to do with the "Stay Warm" button?

We don't use the button very often, but always the same horrible taste. Is it just me or does anyone else get the same problem?

Is it perhaps the water in your area?

Don't think so as other peoples water around the area is ok.

It is really strange, might try going back to an old fashioned plastic kettle with element in, rather than the elements built in the base.

Never had any problem with my metallic kettle, tastes fine.

Don't think so as other peoples water around the area is ok.

It is really strange, might try going back to an old fashioned plastic kettle with element in, rather than the elements built in the base.

Stop buying cheap teabags from the corner shop lol

Stop buying cheap teabags from the corner shop lol

They were'nt cheap, they were PG Tips, but they were the problem!! ;)
We had a huge bag from Costco last Christmas, I never knew they would go off. New Tea Bags and taste gone!

I had this problem myself and have come to the conclusion that it is the water in my area.

I ruled this out by using mineral water - the taste is so much better, coffee tastes like coffee.

So get yourself some water from the supermarket.

Nothin the matter with a good bit of microparticulate metals in your brew. The Government says it's good for your brain. That's why they put mercury in children's vaccines. Keeps us from thinking too much.

Takes likes crap all the same.

Back