Messed with a subbed box :s

brownvim

Inactive User
Reaction score
Messed with a subbed modem :s

Ok i think i might be in alot of trouble :s i got excited about all this cable modem uncaping and iv changed the firmware of my subbed modem... will they be able to tell iv changed it? i aint changed the MAC address or config files on it... please someone reply fast...

can you suggest anything i could do? i know it was stupid... will i ge caught? could i somehow change the firmware back to its originall or shouldnt i mess about with it anymore??? help me out please...

It's not the most sensible thing to do, although, so long as you don't change the mac or use a different config file, you could argue that you thought you were just updating the drivers if cought.

Check your TFTP server for firmware's and reflash it or get it from someone else or fry the modem and phone them up and say it's fooked, dont leave it on the network, especially if it's a tcniso firmware

If you know what frimware it was previously,then you'll get it somewhere.
I'm sure you'll try very hard.
I would'nt worry to much.
What the hell.
It aint criminal.
Just naughty!
The most they can do is send you a nasty letter and cancel your internet.
Everyone on here has got at least one cloned modem(ha only one) and they take for ever to do anything about them.
You know how to put firmware on a surfboard.
Do the same again with the original.
Thats it . Nothing to worry about.
I wish i had a surfboard working enough to get caught over.

I dont know what version it was before i flashed it... iv been searching for a while now and on other forums cant seem to find Original firmwares. i know i can get it from my tftp server but i dont even know the ip of that...

Sorted it :), flashed back my old firmware its all gud now thanks to everyone who replied! Especially to b3nnyb0y who helped me over msn which was great. THANK YOU...

stick it in water for an hour , dry it off make sure its dead and ring them up to replace it

Back