Memor32

dasguy

Inactive User
Reaction score
I've just got a memor32 and installed the memento firmware etc, and I was wondering wether there was any way I could copy the memento files onto a normal memory card and turn it into a memento of it's own? Probably not I'm thinking. However, there is the PS2 Independence Explot, I was wondering could I install this to a normal memory card using my memento? I think there is, but I'm not sure on the specifics of how it works in general. Thanks for any help.

Think I've found a few ways to get the independence exploit onto a normal memory card using memento, but found out that can't get the vast exploit onto normal memory card (yet ;) )

how good is the memento

i can`t be bothered to install a chip in a slimline so i was considering getting the memento

i know u have to patch the iso`s but any idea of the compatibility perventage, and are the memento team still updating firmware.

regards
jase

how good is the memento

i can`t be bothered to install a chip in a slimline so i was considering getting the memento

i know u have to patch the iso`s but any idea of the compatibility perventage, and are the memento team still updating firmware.

regards
jase

How good?

Its brilliant, it enables the easiest way of playing backups where you only pay one price to mod your ps2, the price to buy the memor32.

I have one and it was so easy to flash the firmware on it and to burn a backup and play was a mere 15 mins max.

All the games I have copied have had no problems in booting and its easier to burn a game than an mp3 and thats not all you can load elf files from memory sticks which can boot media players for the ps2 enabling divx,mp3 playback, not only that but there are other software which can be booted via the flash from the memor32 e.g usb advance (boot games from usb hdd) action replay, hd loader to name a few.

And the list does not end there.

I have used it on my slimline and fat ps2 with no problems.

All the firmware and guides are available on the memento team website.

Hope this helps.

p.s This post may sound like I'm being sponsored by memor32, I only think its a brilliant piece of kit which enables anyone to play backup games without the need of damaging their ps2 or voiding the warranty.

I was wondering what the best modding solution was these days and this looks interesting.

Best price I can find online is £36.59 delivered. Any better deals?

Or is it cheaper/better to go for a proper mod chip?

I got mine from modchipfitters for 32 inc p&p.

Think like this, if you have a modded ps2 and wanted to play your backup games over at your friends house. The only way is to take the whole ps2 over there. Now with the memor32 you dont all you take is the games and the memor32 and when inserted into any ps2 fat or slim it becomes modded enabling you to play cd and dvd backups.

I'd say it was well worth the money yes, been using it mostly to play all my old SNES games through SNES-Station, and playing FIFA 07 after my real copy got stolen :(. Managed to install the independence exploit on another memory card btw, after many hours of frustration lol.

Managed to install the independence exploit on another memory card btw, after many hours of frustration lol.

Can it be installed onto any memory card?

If I understand it correctly, the hard bit is getting the exploit onto the card but with memor32 you can write to it via USB. Is that right?

I have an unmodded original PS2, with sony memory card, and no action replay or cheat cd or anything.

I don't really play the PS2 much, so I'd like to do it for as close to £0 as poss ;) I think I'd play it a bit more if I had the option to play downloaded games, but it's not worth me spending very much on setting it up.

I have a PIC 12c508 programmer and some PS1 mod chips. If I remember rightly you can install these in a PS2 to allow PS1 backups to be played. Could this be a way to get the independance exploit installed onto the memory card or is there another way?

nope. only the memor32 can have the firmware installed to it

I've just managed to install Free Vast on my normal 8MB memory card, although I had to use my Memor32 to get it onto there. Free Vast is only in beta and can only run homebrew from usb atm but may be able to run backups soon enough.

hxxp://www.dcemu.co.uk/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=114048
hxxp://psx-scene.com/forums/freevast/57899-free-vast-continues-32.html

EDIT: Also, you'll need somebody with a Memor32 or another way of running homebrew in order to get into onto your memory card.

I've just managed to install Free Vast on my normal 8MB memory card, although I had to use my Memor32 to get it onto there. Free Vast is only in beta and can only run homebrew from usb atm but may be able to run backups soon enough.

hxxp://www.dcemu.co.uk/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=114048
hxxp://psx-scene.com/forums/freevast/57899-free-vast-continues-32.html

EDIT: Also, you'll need somebody with a Memor32 or another way of running homebrew in order to get into onto your memory card.

Hi m8,

Is there a guide on how its done?

I have a memor32 and would'nt mind trying to get the vast on a normal memory card.

Also whats the difference between hombrew and backup?

Hi m8,

Is there a guide on how its done?

I have a memor32 and would'nt mind trying to get the vast on a normal memory card.

Also whats the difference between hombrew and backup?

Homebrew is the ability to run your own programs e.g. SNES/Megadrive emulators, media players from a usb stick, memory card or disc. Backups are copies of PS2 games on blank discs.

There's a guide with the download of it, the downside is that you'll need to run homebrew to install it, which means either someone with a Memor32 or a regular memory card with Free Vast/Independence Exploit already installed, so I suppose you could think of it as a sneakernet exploit. I'm thinking about offering to install it onto people's memory cards (maybe for a fee, I don't know if that's against site policy or anything like that) through mailing memory cards.

I'm thinking about offering to install it onto people's memory cards (maybe for a fee, I don't know if that's against site policy or anything like that) through mailing memory cards.

if you look round some of the other console forums, you will see that people do things for free on here, like flash xbox360s or install cfw on psp etc etc, so i dont think it would go down to well.

anyway, do you know if this is able to run .elf files like swap magic (im sure there is an elf file of that around) or hdloader etc, meaning we would be able to boot games from these elf files!!

anyway, do you know if this is able to run .elf files like swap magic (im sure there is an elf file of that around) or hdloader etc, meaning we would be able to boot games from these elf files!!

Yes, I should of said that they work. I was talking about swapless backups, HDLoader and Cogswap do work.

Yes, I should of said that they work. I was talking about swapless backups, HDLoader and Cogswap do work.

cheers for that. i will look into this more when i get time

if you look round some of the other console forums, you will see that people do things for free on here, like flash xbox360s or install cfw on psp etc etc, so i dont think it would go down to well.

AFAIK the memor32 with memento firmware is able to run ELF files etc, infact due to its current limitations compatability wise it is necessary in some cases. The 1.2e firmware is able to use a usb hdd, but still doesn't play ps1 games.... I thought the project was dead (I bought one of these back at the beginning, however, a video has been posted on youtube recenty apparently showing the 1.3 firmware being put through it's final paces. Frankly, mine is in a drawer waiting for better compatability, or I may sell it to buy a chip, my console is over a yearold and I'm ok with a soldering iron......

wheres the cheapest place to get a memor32 then?

Cheers
MFCGAVMFC

post 6 maybe if the shop hadnt gone bust

Last edited:
i think this is a great idea, bit what puts me off is re-patching all my games again so it will work with memor32

id like to see it boot on patched games :)

Are they going to finish the new firmware or is it dead, as its been a long time comming, I'm waiting for better usb hdd compatibility as the two consoles I have the lasers are having problems reading discs.

Back