Medion grrrr

edogg

Inactive User
Reaction score
I have owned medion computers since aldi started to sell them about five years ago ,as they offered good spec at a good price and excellent customer service.. however with current climate in the financial world they have closed the british work shops so now laptops go back to germany .i bought a new laptop last november with vista on it and when 7 became available i updated to 7 64 bit through the medion update offer ,and stopped using it to play mkv files on my tv because i had also bought a media player then i downloaded a film with dts sound that the media player couldn't play so connected the laptop up but now i got no sound from the hdmi port after spending hours on the phone and sending it back to germany for 3 weeks i have had to revert back to vista x86 as no nvidia or realtek driver's work with 7 64 bit or the (cough version ) of 7x86 i tried so now i dont think medion offer such good value

edogg

Very strange, is it nvidea or realtek sound card that you have. What model laptop is it ?

The GPU went in mine so sent it back to The Mother Land - 3 weeks on a very old PCI Hurcules I was. I thought they would be sending me a better GPU as the one that was in it was nearly 3 years old and thought they must have stopped making them now... Not... They sent me a referb of the same card which lasted a few days.

As I wasn't prepaired to wait another 3 weeks for another shite referb I just bought my own!!!

Very strange, is it nvidea or realtek sound card that you have. What model laptop is it ?

hi it's a P6618 md 97620 , nvidia geforce 9600m gs cuda 512mb graphics card that has a hdmi out . The drivers are realtek audio but the hdmi ouput is called nvidia hdmi as i said i have struggled with this for a month doing system restores re-installing drivers re-installing the operating system and then the drivers updating the drivers and the only way the hdmi port outputs sound is with the vista x86 OS

thanks edogg

Back