Medion grrrr

edogg

Inactive User
Reaction score
I have owned medion computers since aldi started to sell them about five years ago ,as they offered good spec at a good price and excellent customer service.. however with current climate in the financial world they have closed the british work shops so now laptops go back to germany .i bought a new laptop last november with vista on it and when 7 became available i updated to 7 64 bit through the medion update offer ,and stopped using it to play mkv files on my tv because i had also bought a media player then i downloaded a film with dts sound that the media player couldn't play so connected the laptop up but now i got no sound from the hdmi port after spending hours on the phone and sending it back to germany for 3 weeks i have had to revert back to vista x86 as no nvidia or realtek driver's work with 7 64 bit or the (cough version ) of 7x86 i tried so now i dont think medion offer such good value

edogg

oneman

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
Very strange, is it nvidea or realtek sound card that you have. What model laptop is it ?

Utopie

Inactive User
Reaction score
The GPU went in mine so sent it back to The Mother Land - 3 weeks on a very old PCI Hurcules I was. I thought they would be sending me a better GPU as the one that was in it was nearly 3 years old and thought they must have stopped making them now... Not... They sent me a referb of the same card which lasted a few days.

As I wasn't prepaired to wait another 3 weeks for another shite referb I just bought my own!!!

edogg

Inactive User
Reaction score
Very strange, is it nvidea or realtek sound card that you have. What model laptop is it ?

hi it's a P6618 md 97620 , nvidia geforce 9600m gs cuda 512mb graphics card that has a hdmi out . The drivers are realtek audio but the hdmi ouput is called nvidia hdmi as i said i have struggled with this for a month doing system restores re-installing drivers re-installing the operating system and then the drivers updating the drivers and the only way the hdmi port outputs sound is with the vista x86 OS

thanks edogg

TEST