Media Player for 3D .iso files

Altone

Inactive User
Reaction score
Has anyone found and used successfully a media player that will play 3D .iso files. I have found a couple of media players that say they will play 3D iso files but I am looking for some advice from a successful user.
Thank you!

I've got a Revo, not really a media player, but a stripped back PC, and I run XBMC on it for my 3D files. The 3D MKVs run perfectly, but the 2 iso files I have look as if they are just straight rips, not 3D. I think I'll have to reencode them to mkv to get it to work. I need to do a bit of research on the net to work out what I need and then get some time off from the missus to try it out, but I'm determined to make them work (I have the 3D Jurassic Park and the IMAX Space Station iso's: the clarity of picture is amazing but I really want to see them in 3d!)

Thanks Clinkers for the reply.
I have got an Iomega Media Player that I use to view MKV 3D films, it works perfectly well with normal 3D films, but it takes ages to convert a 3D iso to 3DMKV using DVDFab. I have just converted Avatar 3D to .MKV and it took 64 hours, yes that is correct 64 hours, so I was looking for a quicker way. It only takes about 30 minutes to rip a 3D film to .iso using AnyDVD but I haven't got anything that will play a 3D iso and show it in 3D. My Iomega will play the .iso files but only show them in 2D.

You would need something like the new C series popcorn hour to playback full 1080p 3D rips, but personally for the price its cheaper to build a HTPC and stick in a GTX card to cope with the 3D playback

3d abs and t&b works on the xtreamer but I think it would be 720 not 1080

Im converting Jurassic PArk now with DVDFab: 10 hours to go (and the PC is having a fit, going to have to switch to surfing on the mobile!). I've other 3D movies playing on the Revo and the SBS look fantastic even at 720, so I don't mind the step down in image resolution, just a pain having to convert the enormous iso's.

I can confirm the himedia plays 3d isos great , that's what i have attached to my nas, never had a problem although i use custom firmware not the original 1 that came with it

Forget abou the Himedia, it does play what you want but is flawed by a bug where 24p material doesn't play correctly. This is due to poor implementation of code within the R1186 chipset, another player, the Mede8er 600 or 1000 has the same chipset but much better support, the team have completely rebuilt the software and it is just THE best media streamer out there now bar none.

Back