Media playback - have to sign in?

ruddyrum

Inactive User
Reaction score
I used to play all my media through transcode360, however now that im playing back more HD content, I downloaded the optional media update which plays back full HD content via media centre flawlessly.

Only problem is, it seems I always have to sign in to to play back video files. If i am not signed in, it says "error, additional media update is required..." so i sign in, and presto it works, without having to download anything!!!

Question is, when my gold sub runs out next week, will i be able to continue using media centre as i am now, or will i have to renew my gold sub? Surely once the media update has been downloaded and installed, i shouldn't have to sign in at all?!

Thanks

had the same problem mate delete the media update and make a new profile up and download it again with that one and you wont have to be online to watch your videos with any if the profiles on the xbox.

Weird! Im trying to think what i could have done to cause this, as this has only happened fairly recently!!

When i Create a new account, will i have to fork out again for gold, or can i just download it via a silver account??

Thanks

na mate the silver account is fine just to get the codec prob give you one month free gold aniwayz.

Same happend to me when i put my hardrive in another xbox.

Last edited:
Back